News   Apr 23, 2024
 81     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 837     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 287     0 

2011 Federal Election Result Predictions

What do you think will be the result from the 2011 Federal Election?

• Conservative Majority

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Conservative Minority

Votes: 32 53.3%
  • Liberal Minority

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Liberal Majority

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
1) Hyperbolic Cynicism

2) Hyperbolic Cynicism

3) Hyperbolic Cynicism

4) Hyperbolic Cynicism

The parties have real platforms that go beyond cynicism.

I hope people in Ontario and Atlantic Canada realize they need to stick with the Liberals to avoid a vote split, then maybe the NDP surge in Quebec (where Conservatives aren't the competition) can allow for a coalition. If not, we're going to have a Harper majority.

Not impressed with your sense of humour!

Given some of the numbers, they *could*, esp. if a lot of those seats are under-40% ones in Quebec and the Tories waste their advantage on over-70% seats in Alberta...
There's way too many Conservative safe seats - this election at least. Outside the urban areas in Quebec, NDP are very thin on the ground. Tories will still take many, if not most, Ontario ridings; NDP is polling a bit better in Ontario but Tories - and Liberals - are still strong here as well, outside of GTA.

I was going to predict a Conservative majority on this thread, but I refrained after seeing everyone else predict another minority government. So at the risk of looking foolish, I'll jump the gun and predict a Hudak majority this October. It's his to lose.

Not so fast GW. You have to agree that the Conservatives won so many seats in Ontario because of the almost universal vote split between the NDP/Liberals...

The same cannot be said for Ontario's NDP. Jack Layton was a major part of the popularity of the party. I still have trouble remembering who the leader of the Ontario NDP is. This is going to be a fight between McGuinty and Hudak and while the Conservatives may win, they'll be nowhere near a majority.

Great election. Great results. The opposition parties have more votes than ever before.

I don't consider the liberals opposition, but quiet supporters of the destructive conservatives.

Not so fast GW. You have to agree that the Conservatives won so many seats in Ontario because of the almost universal vote split between the NDP/Liberals...

The same cannot be said for Ontario's NDP. Jack Layton was a major part of the popularity of the party. I still have trouble remembering who the leader of the Ontario NDP is. This is going to be a fight between McGuinty and Hudak and while the Conservatives may win, they'll be nowhere near a majority.

*However*, who knows whether the Ontario successes, near-successes and proofs-of-viability may have "loosened up" the potential provincial NDP vote a little--esp. in the ethnoburbia where they won one seat and nearly won another. Think of the 2008 Nova Scotia election which followed in the footsteps of Alexa McDonough's 2007 federal breakthrough...

Back