News   Jul 26, 2024
 991     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.7K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.5K     3 

2008 Urban Toronto Community Project

My only concern about doing such a project is that we could be viewed as copying Spacing's "guerilla" projects. However, why should they be the only show in town?

Ultimately, it's not about a show, but improving the city. The more people engage, the better off the city is. Spacing should appreciate that, or else how noble their efforts are will come into question.

im sure spacing would be happy about it, and would even have a write up about urban toronto on there site which would give urban toronto even more exposure!

Since I'm pretty new around here, I'm not too sure of this "community's" history. Has there been a solid (i.e. non-sock puppet) corps of members for a long time? Aside from the mods, how many members know at least one other member (in real life)? (I don't).

Anyway, I am down for physically participating in a city building activity. I might even be able to get some future UT charitable organization a small office in the club district in a building that houses other community minded organizations (among other things). But that would require an organizational infrastructure and a substantial voluntary commitment from at least a handful of its members. I would suggest the mods discuss that prospect and let the rest of us know whether it's something that can be discussed further. PM me if there's enough demand for a private meeting space to discuss this further in person.

Also, I don't think Spacing thinks it holds a monopoly on urban community organizations. The Toronto Public Space Committee has spawned all kinds of offshoot organizations and continues to do so. Spacing (the mag & websites) are but two wildly successful examples. Spacing has nothing but love for people who want to improve the city, and we would get lots of support from them.

Two words: Soho Square.

Only problem is that it would be a lot easier if there was a Queen West BIA.

At Adam Vaughan's "development proposals" presentation meeting last night, it was announced that the Toronto Entertainment District BIA is now officially in existence. I'm going to try to join.

lots of great ideas and love the tshirt designs too! Put me down for a black one!

Even though I dont live in the city I would love to contribute with some labour and even a bit of money if needed. Right now I am trying to get motivated to clean up an area next to my apartment here in NF. Its next to a hydro corridor that has large shrubs where it meets the sidewalk. The shrubs are a convenient dumping spot for all sorts of trash, a real eye sore. Anyways I will get it done, but I know much bigger things can be accomplished as a group so count me in...

Here's some prototypes for consideration. I want to take my time to develop the green glass one.

tshirt.jpg

My trouble with the latter two shirt concepts is that they run counter to the "Graeme Stewart" contingent that may lurk on this forum...

k sound good but question for op is before pic run down in yall view ghetto or somethin? no offense but it look nice

edit- was drunk

My trouble with the latter two shirt concepts is that they run counter to the "Graeme Stewart" contingent that may lurk on this forum...

Do you think the Graeme Stewarts on the forum will think T-shirts 2 and 3 are submitted as anything other than a wink and a smile? If so, I worry for them.

yo even though i proly cant help i just wanna say you know yall are nice yall take yer time out & help out others you know. you know yall also bridge some racial gaps cuz yo tru say here lotta ppl think of people not as indiv. but as groups so white rich aint supposed 2 care but yall show it aint tru you know so thank you. but you just so yall know when i say Brown Pride i dont mean in racist way.

Back