2.6K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.7K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 660     0 

17footceilinglofts.com

M

michelle

I heard a commercial for these lofts on the radio. Looks like it's a new release connected to the Liberty Market lofts?

I was planning to become a first time buyer later in the year but the prices and incentive (what it includes on the page at least) seem endearing. However... I've never been to an opening and know very little about them at this point.

Is this worth attending? Would I be wasting my time? Should I pre-qualify for a mortgage beforehand, or is that something I'd be able to do if I decided I did want to buy when I got there?

Thanks everyone.

I think its just a marketing ploy.... 17 foot ceiling lofts is actually liberty market lofts... they are just trying to make it look new by giving it a new name...

and i dont see any incentives...

it may be smart to pre-qualify for a mortgage so you know what you can afford but it's not necessary...

in that case then, I wasn't able to find much in my search on the boards about the liberty market lofts. is there a general feeling around here on this project?

kinda like that area, but hubby say is not a good neighbourhood, said too close to Parkdale, and refuse to go there:mad:
and i told him is all changed and nothing like that already, but he is old fashion minded, just want to know how to convince him.

great area to visit and hang out for a few hours but i'm not fond of living there either. Still a little sketchy in some areas if you walk a few blocks north/west.

Liberty Village is a great area to live in and is as safe as anyplace downtown Toronto, which means it's very safe. Parkdale is not an unsafe area by any stretch of the imagination. Go down yourself at night and during the day and see for yourself. Also, within the next 3 years another few thousand people will be moving into the area, adding to the community. It's location is unbeatable in Toronto in terms of proximity to transit, highways, culture and the waterfront.

a friend of mine in the industry was saying that yes, this is Liberty Market Lofts. Not sure why they wanted to come out with a new name.

Commercials are kind of off when they say that the project is in the heart of Downtown, however I would be happy living around there. It's growing, close to the city, but slightly away from the crazy action.

yeah., i know this area will be more expensive in the coming few years, so i try to convince my hubby get a one bedroom loft there or townhouse, around 200k, still available nowadays, but.....oh well!

Thanks for everyone's input. I'm going to go to the open house but am not overly optimistic. I've lived in Parkdale before and would love to live in liberty village but I don't want to rush into buying. We'll see, though!

Marketing Deception

A two-storey loft with 17 foot ceilings is not the same as one-storey lofts with the same. Nothing special here. I guess they gotta do what they gotta do to attract attention in this market. It's the "Fly-condo effect"

I bet you that the finishes haven been down-graded, the suites made smaller and of course, the prices reduced.

No matter how you look at it the new advertising campaign seems to have paid off. I dropped by the re-opening last weekend and sales seemed brisk, specifically on some of the reasonably priced sub 800sf units.

Back