News   Jul 22, 2024
 552     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 459     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 499     0 

13th Floor thoughts and opinions

So, say I fall to my death from the balcony on the 17th floor. The building has no 4, 13 or 14th floors. Would it be appropriate to say I fell from "the 17th floor" or should it be said "he fell 14 stories" to his death?

It seems to be an exaggeration to use the former.

If I lived in a Chinese-dominated area, I might wonder about buying a unit on the 4th floor, purely for resale value. OTOH, if it was 10% less than all the others, I'd jump at it.

As mentioned before, these superstitions are plain moronic, but if resale value matters to you, it can be a consideration.

BTW, for a recent negotiation where the seller was Caucasian and the buyer was Chinese, after the buyer put in an offer, the seller came back with a relatively high price ending in 888: $xxx888. The buyer just laughed and put in another counter offer at still way, way lower than the seller's 888 price. After that the seller got the picture and negotiated normally.

Hey, out of my curiosity... I have seen many new condos that in elevators have 13th floor button, and I want to know what everyone thinks of it. Would you live in building with 13th floor button in elevator? It is funny, older buildings do not have 13th floor button whereas right now new buildings do have. How come this trend changed?

lol...sorry, I find it hilarious that anyone would have an issue with a 13th floor.

Back