News   Mar 28, 2024
 252     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 239     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 280     0 

1233 St Clair Ave W (Shoppers Drug Mart, 3s, MJM Architects)

Summarizing the above, the rebuild here is on hold for the time being, the OMB appeal having cost Shoppers some cash that they hadn't budgeted for on this development.

Too bad. Are you aware of any other new developments or happenings? What is happening with the old Starbucks? Or the vacant stores.....so many.

Too bad. Are you aware of any other new developments or happenings? What is happening with the old Starbucks? Or the vacant stores.....so many.
It is my understanding that the old HSBC could see National Bank soon but it’s just a rumour.

Everything else is just sitting empty waiting for a business to open up. I actually think the Shoppers site will be further assembled to include more properties up to and perhaps including the older medical centre site. Again though, it’s just what I hear.

Things will look different in 5 years and be a different strip in 10 years.

It is my understanding that the old HSBC could see National Bank soon but it’s just a rumour.

Everything else is just sitting empty waiting for a business to open up. I actually think the Shoppers site will be further assembled to include more properties up to and perhaps including the older medical centre site. Again though, it’s just what I hear.

Things will look different in 5 years and be a different strip in 10 years.
Has there been any further information about the site?

Has there been any further information about the site?
It is my understanding that Scotia Bank will be closing its location at St Clair West & Westmount to relocate to the old HSBC space as it's smaller. However, this information came from the Corso BIA a couple of months ago. There are rumours though about National Bank moving in as well.

The SDM site will likely be further assembled as it is now widely suggested that Phil wants to sell off his Medical building next door. I believe it is likely true also because repairs have become non-existent of late.

It is my understanding that Scotia Bank will be closing its location at St Clair West & Westmount to relocate to the old HSBC space as it's smaller. However, this information came from the Corso BIA a couple of months ago. There are rumours though about National Bank moving in as well.

The SDM site will likely be further assembled as it is now widely suggested that Phil wants to sell off his Medical building next door. I believe it is likely true also because repairs have become non-existent of late.

Scotia is moving in the old branch. Work should be underway soon.

Everything kind of looks the same - any news?

The Scotiabank is getting closer to opening.

20191012_122450.jpg

Development Application portal has an update this morning:

"Proposal to permit the construction of a 3-storey, mixed-use building containing a Shoppers Drugmart (ground floor) and office uses (second and third floors). The existing building will be demolished. David McKay of MHBC has requested a 6 month extension on file before issuing notice of impending file closure-Oct 28, 2019 to April 2020"

so this is the exact plan that was proposed a few years ago, with the sane commercial tenant in place, I thought the project fell through and shoppers/Loblaw back out and sold to another developer that was planning to build mixed use but at 6-7 floors,similar to scoop development, why such a delay for the same game plan doesn't make sense

Back