News   Apr 23, 2024
 261     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 364     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1K     0 

1130 Queen St E (@ Bertmount, ?, 5s, Sedun + Kanerva)

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
NE corner of Queen & Bertmount in Leslieville.

Replaces this http://goo.gl/maps/zCZrT

http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/c...nnel=c1c26d87bc002410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD

1130%20queen%20street%20east_featured_530wide.jpg

I guess this means Stratengers is sold? Too bad. I remember seeing Nash the Slash there. Also eating wood fired pizza on the patio. It was a good, dive-y spot.

Resubmitted to the City at the end of January as a 4-storey building.

1130QueenEastBW1280.jpg

Attachments

• 1130QueenEastBW1280.jpg
    1130QueenEastBW1280.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 1,214
Noooooo ........ not Stratengers

edit: looks like Stratengers will still be there as a ground floor restaurant

Last edited:
I know Dharam (Strat's owner) fairly well and I expect he would have told me had he decided to close up. He's had offers over the years but he's been intent on staying put. In fact, one of his daughters has recently opened another Stratengers in Bolton! I think Dharam intends for his business to stick around In Leslieville but perhaps he'll bow out of the day-to-day work of running the place. After more than a quarter century of running the place with his brother, it's probably time.

In any case, I'd love to see some kind of transformation here. Not sure if the renders are what I was hoping for, though. And I'm wondering if the vacant lot to the east is part of the redevelopment?

Yes plus I heard that Brad Lamb has purchased the lot immediately to the east. Coincidence?

Now, we all know Brad has done rather well for himself over the years.........

But wow is he buying up a lot of property lately.

It wasn't that long ago that I heard him saying he was sitting on some properties because he couldn't imagine getting around to developing them for several years...

From the above article:

But with 18 developments underway in Ontario, Lamb couldn’t get to this property for another 10 years, so he put the building up for rent.

Brad.....put the wallet away for a moment, LOL, let other people own something......

*Quietly Google-foo's Dave's Hot Chicken*

Droool...

...wait, you're saying some of the locals have issue with this?

Back