News   Apr 26, 2024
 543     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 394     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 582     0 

10 Dundas East

I don't understand why must TJX must have many locations in such a small area. That strategy is cannibalizing sales in their other locations.
They probably look at Goodlife Fitness and say "Hey, that's a good idea, lets follow their example!!!"

What the hell is with all those fitness places in the downtown area?!?!?!?

Soon enough, the Yonge Street Strip would be like this:

Simpsons+Starbucks.jpeg

Replace Starbucks with Winners on one floor and HomeSense on another.

They probably look at Goodlife Fitness and say "Hey, that's a good idea, lets follow their example!!!"

Probably the same reasoning as the number of Starbucks - people don't want to go very far to work out (or to get coffee). If a Goodlife (or Starbucks) isn't close, Goodlife (or Starbucks) loses the business.

Wonder if it will be Winners, HomeSense, Marshall's or some sort of combo. If HomeSense is part of it, I'd imagine they would be giving up the lease on Yonge just a bit south.

I've been told that Homesense location was originally intended only as a pop-up location. Sales blew past all expectations, so they made it permanent.

This business model appears to be working for TJX, at least for the time being anyways. For awhile it worked for Best Buy/Future Shop as well.

In Woodbridge's Hwy & + Weston area the Winners, Marshall's and Homesense are always busy. Plus the Vaughan Mills Winners/Homesense also does well.

They are now bringing this business model into the City. And I bet it will be successful, at least at first.

Those calling for more restaurants, while I agree with you, if that had been the case it probably would have been some Boston Pizza type place. So careful what you wish for!

We need more Goodlife's downtown. They are all so damn busy!

It would have been good if there were an Anchor Bar in Yonge-Dundas Square. They just recently expanded to Burlington.

There's been one in Downtown Hamilton (Jackson Square, across from the AGH) for nearly two years, but these are franchises. The original Anchor Bar is worth going to for the history, but Duff's has better wings.

Back