News   Oct 18, 2024
 763     4 

10-20 Tyndall (Oikoi, ?s, ?)

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
As per this Renx article:

Oikoi is pursuing a six-property assembly in Parkdale which includes the lot at 16 Tyndall. While the other properties are not identified in the article, I infer the following:

(aerial pic)

1729282254900.png

As you can see these are six contiguous properties inclusive of the one we know Oikoi owns, and none of the adjacent multi-res sites make any particular sense here.

Streetview:

1729282700937.png

Comments:

Most neighbouring multi-res sites are in the 7-9s range, but the tallest on Tyndall is something closer to 18s. I would expect an ask in that range here given that it seems likely there would be some heritage retention which while adding costs would serve to conceal any massing from street level nicely.

I would add here, none of the 'heritage' is listed/designated, which has the virtue of giving Oikoi some flexibility here, but I think it would look good on them to preserve 2-4 facades and 1-2 returns, and build in behind. That's up to them, of course.

There are baked-in setbacks on the other neighbours properties (surface parking of ~13M and ~11M, this will be adequate at lower elevations, but may or may not require LDAs once you get to tower height, depending on massing and tapering.

I would expect an ask in that range here given that it seems likely there would be some heritage retention which while adding costs would serve to conceal any massing from street level nicely.
That was what came to mind when I saw the street view of the site.

For additional context, the site is located just northwest of Dufferin Street and the Gardiner Expressway:

Back