News   Jul 15, 2024
 570     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 738     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 597     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a point of curiosity maestro...there are a lot condos to be built, it is interesting to me how fast the condos sell out before even demolition, as a sign of demand. Isn't that what part of this forum is all about?

They've BEGUN!!! The south end of Roy Square has been fenced off with a giant machine of some sort as of last night. It was strange though -- Biryani House was still open... but was fenced off...

2109120228_dd0c8520a1_b.jpg

Awesome news, thanks! It took Trump how long to fence off his land since start of sales, and it took these guys how many weeks?

I saw that last night and meant to post something about it.... but forgot by the time I got home.

Looks like they want to flatten what's there right away. It is going to look funny having an empty plot (and then eventually a hole in the ground) at Yonge and Bloor. I wonder what the hoarding will look like? Tall ads a la Metropolis, or just a fence a la almost every other condo development?

I saw that last night and meant to post something about it.... but forgot by the time I got home.

Looks like they want to flatten what's there right away. It is going to look funny having an empty plot (and then eventually a hole in the ground) at Yonge and Bloor. I wonder what the hoarding will look like? Tall ads a la Metropolis, or just a fence a la almost every other condo development?

The mere mention relating Metropolis hoarding with 1 BE sent a chill down my spine, especially given all of the speculation over the legitimacy of this project.

Boy these guys don't mess around.

I wonder whatever happened to vultur..(hmm I mean investor)?

I hope he didn't get caught underneath that shoring rig trying to sabatoge the project.

Well, looks like this project is proceeding to the next phase. You know what they say, it's good for Toronto!

Personally, I can't make any sense of the reported sales prices- $800 per square foot here or $700 per square foot at 100 Yorkville. Which sounds like a better deal to you guys?

Hmmmm........

$700 sounds better. But that's because I'm not rich.

BTW: goodlookin on SSP just informed me this rig looks like it has been set up to do soil samples....

So, no excavation anytime soon, no matter what we would like to believe.

there are a lot condos to be built, it is interesting to me how fast the condos sell out before even demolition, as a sign of demand.

I find, in most cases, the site is cleared and leased to a parking agency long before sales even start and situations like East in which excavation followed demolition being quite rare.

I agree Investor. At a certain point, I really don't care what the tower looks like. 10 Bellair has some of the best street level uses of any condo in the city. It should be a model to be emulated all around. The tower itself is no masterpiece, but it's as good as most of the other stuff going up. I can't think of a single condo that's gone up in Toronto in years that has any real architectural merit.

I'd go out on a limb and say that 100 Yorkville is without question a more desirable location, objectivity speaking.

Absolutely..at Bloor & Yonge you are still putting up with some of the 'riff-raff' of Yonge St, plus much more traffic noise & pollution...

One huge negative for Yorkville Ave between Yonge & Bay has to be the existence of the firehall there....this has to affect the residents of 18 Yorkville and will affect the residents of the Four Seasons....100 Yorkville should be o.k...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back