News   Apr 24, 2024
 142     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 411     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 465     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the interests of accuracy, I should point out that from the east or west, we see the broad side of 1BE, while we see the narrowest sides of the Uptown and Crystal Blu. From the north or south, the three buildings would look a lot more similar (aside from the height). The difference in volume, while real, is not quite as dramatic as shown in 3D's image.

Not to take away from the very dramatic size contrast we see in that image.

Bill

those images really show how significant the roof treatments are on 1BE. If you look just to the main roof of the building the difference in scale isnt quite so exaggerated... thats an extra 10% of height just in roof treatment. Still though no doubt this building will redefine this entire area...if it really gets built.

I was just in the sales office today 11/24/07 and it was packed. Everybody was dressed up, if it wasn't for the Whole Foods bag I was toting I might have been tossed out. It's by appointment only now and I was told by the girl at the desk that about 25% of the units are left.

I was just in the sales office today 11/24/07 and it was packed. Everybody was dressed up, if it wasn't for the Whole Foods bag I was toting I might have been tossed out. It's by appointment only now and I was told by the girl at the desk that about 25% of the units are left.

That's stunning, 75% sold in two weeks at those prices. 1BE has got to have Canderel Stoneridge whipped into a frenzy to get Aura marketed early next year.

Thanks for the update Andrew! That IS amazing, so I gather they will be able to demolish soon. Do they have to wait until they get city approval for the extra floors and when do they expect to have word of this? Any ideas on the pricing now?

I went to the sales office around lunch time today by apointment. The price jumped much more than what they offered to brokers 10 days ago.
They only have probably 30 units available for sale today. Most of those is on floor 61 or higher. Price from $608K for one bedroom, from $818K for 2 bedroom. They said all others are gone (sold) and they marked red on the unit numbers. (Or they only release these 30 units today and keep something for future open to public?)
The price is almost $1000 per sq ft now.
I was wondering if 1BE would push the condo sales price in the area higher. Milan (north east of Yonge/Bloor) price is very high.

I'd be a bit surprised if 75% of the whole building were sold already. I wonder if they meant 75% of suites which are currently released for sale. It's not unusual to hold back some inventory so they can have another "release" later.

I have to agree that Bazis have not made a lot of friends in the agent community with their tactics. What is not widely known by many is that many projects in the city are jump-started by a relatively small number of agents who bring in solid sales early. You would want to stay on the good side of these people. It looks like they were given a slap in the face, on this deal, and if I were Bazis I would be trying awfully hard to make it up to them.

^A new Bazis' condo exclusively for real estate agents? That might do the trick... Now my plan--since I'm too lazy to get my real estate license--is to sleep with some hot real estate agents.... Marry into the family, eh? What's the average salary for a broker anyway? If it's above $150k I'll be entitled to phase 40 of the Bazis Broker Building....

I went to the sales office around lunch time today by apointment. The price jumped much more than what they offered to brokers 10 days ago.
They only have probably 30 units available for sale today. Most of those is on floor 61 or higher. Price from $608K for one bedroom, from $818K for 2 bedroom. They said all others are gone (sold) and they marked red on the unit numbers. (Or they only release these 30 units today and keep something for future open to public?)
The price is almost $1000 per sq ft now.
I was wondering if 1BE would push the condo sales price in the area higher. Milan (north east of Yonge/Bloor) price is very high.

Bazis is playing with fire. I bet they are holding on to units and not releasing that many to play mind games with those who show up to give an air of unavailability. So they jack up the prices to the point where everyone is scratching their heads, but they try to create an atmosphere of desperation so that the high prices won't seem so high because it looks like it is the hottest thing going. Unfortunately only Bazis is in the know about what is real. From what I hear about these "sold out" units, they seem to miraculously be "unsold" later on. I wonder if its because of the 10 day rule. How much is Milan going for?

CrystalBlu is another Bazis project right?

Can we confirm if they held on to units for that project to inflate prices.... Or if they possibly played mind tricks with the public so they could get the project off the ground.

From the moment I heard about the CrystalBlu operation the whole thing seemed kind of shady, and I am pretty sure 1 Bloor East will suffer the same fate of poor sales and public outcry that accompanied the release of the former project.

By the time the project in North York ( Emerald City ) is a go, Bazis will have to pack their bags and go back to Uzbekistan looking like the foolish scam artist that they are. No one in Toronto will buy from them again.

CrystalBlu is another Bazis project right?

Can we confirm if they held on to units for that project to inflate prices.... Or if they possibly played mind tricks with the public so they could get the project off the ground.

From the moment I heard about the CrystalBlu operation the whole thing seemed kind of shady, and I am pretty sure 1 Bloor East will suffer the same fate of poor sales and public outcry that accompanied the release of the former project.

By the time the project in North York ( Emerald City ) is a go, Bazis will have to pack their bags and go back to Uzbekistan looking like the foolish scam artist that they are. No one in Toronto will buy from them again.

I gather you are a skeptic then caltrane? If 1 Bloor is a failure, it will first manifest in Crystal Blu, as they won't be able to get that one off the ground. I am just playing devil's advocate. Other than them being new and having questionable sales ethics, there hasn't been concrete proof that they are not legitimate builders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back