News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 897     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 355     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the major banks in Canada still so conserviative? Look at their stock price, such as TD, it's almost doubled since last October's crash...how much is the total project financing required? $1 billion or $700 million?

Because they don't need to take any risk to make the kind of money they do. They have their hands deep in all Canadian's pockets it's disguisting. I work in the financial industry myself, trust me I know. All they basically do is borrow money from person A and then lend it out to person B at a 2% higher rate. And they hire people at $50,000 a year to write tens of millions of dollars of this business annually.

You can see the area they have prepared. It doesn't really look like they're going to do the whole site. All the equipment that was there on Friday is gone. It almost looks like a base for something.

1b1.jpg

I have a feeling we'll find out this week what it is for. It does look like it's for some sort of photo op where they announce construction.

Lots of equipment and workers on site this morning. About a half dozen trucks from a company called Powerline Plus. Also looked like they were getting ready to pave over the previously graded area.

I went by again a little while ago and here's what's happening They have paved a small crescent shaped path from the northwest corner of the site going about 10 metres east. See red line in photo. Directly north of this path is a hydro vault on the sidewalk, see blue arrow. According to their website, Powerline Plus has been awarded a contract to clean out Toronto hydro vaults in downtown Toronto, so this must just be a temporary path for pedestrian use. The drama continies at 1BE.

mayap.jpg

It's just being used as a base for their project on the other side of yonge, near charles. Nothing going on here.

Why they are mentioning Toronto Life in their blog I have no idea. It's not a Toronto Life post, because that would be hosted on the Toronto Life website, not some random Blogger account.

I mentioned Toronto Life because that's where I originally read the article, which is now posted on their site.

Wow they didn't even link to the original article. That's not cool.

I reproduced the article verbatim, so linking back to it would've been redundant and a waste of time since it had nothing more to add.

I sited the magazine and author's name and the date, which as far as I know, is acceptable footnote procedure.

Also, it's not like I claimed the writer's work as my own, because that would've been "not cool".

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just being used as a base for their project on the other side of yonge, near charles. Nothing going on here.

Here's a visual of how they diverted the sidewalk through the north end of the 1BE site

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back