News   Apr 26, 2024
 40     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 288     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 507     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solaris, you're contributions on UT are second to none, but I'm not sure how helpful your last post is as it continues to propagate what you yourself note are rumours. We have no evidence of any failure 1 Bloor E, while what many are calling (suspicious) delays can also be understood as simply the time it takes to bring a project of this magnitude about. I think the rumours swirling around this project speak to many people's predilection for schadenfreude, impatience, and complicity in bringing something down.

Regarding the picture above,

You know, it takes a lot of work to build a parking lot ;-)

Regarding the post above ... I think we're all used to rampant rumor machine that is Urban Toronto by now, it's all fun and good. You know there would be absolutely nothing to talk about otherwise. I think people need to take it for what they are rumors and stop letting it effect them on a personal level.

Although I understand from a moderators perspective you're attempt to keep the thread clean and concise. Maybe deleting the entire thread and starting a new one would do the trick? : - )

you can delete this post...

The post call stay Taal! Made me laugh...

We're not all rumour you know - there are lots of cold hard facts to discuss and informed opinions to debate!

The post call stay Taal! Made me laugh...

We're not all rumour you know - there are lots of cold hard facts to discuss and informed opinions to debate!

pst - i hear i42 is going out with Britney Spears, who bought the penthouse floor at 1BE that was identified as the 'Hong Kong businessperson".:D

exactly, so let's keep this building on the rails!

(Britney? Really? Well, the rumour might as well be as outlandish as possible...)

I measured the site of the Four Seasons excavation and the one of 1 Bloor St. E. and found them to be almost the same. The Four Seasons' one was a little bit bigger.

I hope the downturn in the economy doesn't effect either projects

I'll save adam (whoops, adma) the trouble and post the obvious.

For those young'uns who might need a clue: "put up a parking...".

First correct guess earns (the chance to donate to UT) $50.00.

6a00c2251c04b6f21900d41416dbe1685e-500pi

And even the Roy Square urban experience had its adherents.

I remember a few weeks ago behind the fence on Hayden, one of the pieces of demolished debris was a concrete textile block from the corner bank. Was thinking of stealing it for a paper weight or something

It's actually a laneway. Some kind of emergency exit from the Xerox building/subway. It will of course disappear once they start excavating, so maybe they'll have to build a little bridge.

They seem to be all done with the backfill and grading of the site. They are still insulating the exposed parts of the Xerox building. There is a now a mobile trailer on site. The on-site security guard got his left ear pierced (a simple but elegant diamond stud).

They seem to be all done with the backfill and grading of the site. They are still insulating the exposed parts of the Xerox building. There is a now a mobile trailer on site. The on-site security guard got his left ear pierced (a simple but elegant diamond stud).

Wow, I think you may be getting a little closer to the "action" than anyone anticipated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back