News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.7K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 545     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are the 'her ensuites' in 1BE and Aura so large and luxurious that includes a sauna, while the 'his' is so small plain in comparison ?!?!? :confused:

For $25 million I'd want a magnificent Casavant organ like the one at Metropolitan United, not the pissy little grand piano shown in that floor plan.

The master bedroom is tiny here! I'd want at least a 1000 sq ft bedroom, with a 500 sq ft bathroom.

Well, if they were trying to appeal to the nouveau riche, it would be bigger. Those people associate luxury with size; the bigger, the more luxurious. You see that mentality in Forest Hills. The houses are spectacular, but some aren't gorgeous, they're just very very big. A couple of them are actually horrific, tacky, and not that nice at all. They just spent a lot of money. Big difference.

Well, if they were trying to appeal to the nouveau riche, it would be bigger. Those people associate luxury with size; the bigger, the more luxurious. You see that mentality in Forest Hills. The houses are spectacular, but some aren't gorgeous, they're just very very big. A couple of them are actually horrific, tacky, and not that nice at all. They just spent a lot of money. Big difference.

I've always thought the opposite for Forest Hill, for the most part.

Houses are very small there, but often quite beautiful. Although, Forest Hill is far from nouveau riche.

I'll bet those terraces will be mighty windy up there.

courtesy of alafleur ... I edited the image a bit to lighten/clean it up to improve legibility

the much reported $25 million penthouse suite on the 80th floor of 1 Bloor East with 7,530 sq.ft. of living space and your very own private infinity pool with southerly views overlooking downtown Toronto ... the down side is no parking is included and each comes at a price tag of $75,000, you would think at least 2 parking spaces would be included at $25 million purchase price :p

The $25 Million price tag is apparently 'negotiable', so I'm sure if you wanted a few parking spots thrown in it wouldn't be a big deal.

I've always thought the opposite for Forest Hill, for the most part.

Houses are very small there, but often quite beautiful. Although, Forest Hill is far from nouveau riche.

You're quite right. Forest Hills is a bad example, but I'm sure the point has not been lost on you.

For $25 million I'd want a magnificent Casavant organ like the one at Metropolitan United, not the pissy little grand piano shown in that floor plan.

Shocker's moving-in party anyone?

organ.jpg

Just playing around with a new graphics program.

Here's the ground floor of 1 Bloor superimposed onto the cleared site. It's not quite right but you get the idea...

1bloorgrounda.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back