Ïce Condos (Lanterra Developments, Cadillac Fairview) - Real Estate -

$459,900 for ~750 SF = $613 PSF
why are you happy about something like that ??? :confused:

with RE at prices like that, it makes it unaffordable for alot of people in the city !

hey, while i completely agree with you, i don't think ice condos (and buildings with a similar stature location- and quality-wise) are supposed to be affordable to a significant % of the population!

$459,900 for ~750 SF = $613 PSF
why are you happy about something like that ??? :confused:

with RE at prices like that, it makes it unaffordable for alot of people in the city !

Some of his past posts tells me he gets off on high prices, because it makes the city look more "world class" or something like that.

you will see construction hoarding November, Phase 2 VIP day is Nov 10;)

Sounds great!! I'm no expert but it seems there must be huge savigs to build the two towers at the same time. Ihope this is true because i really want to see the taller one in my lifetime.

khristopher said:
Some of his past posts tells me he gets off on high prices, because it makes the city look more "world class" or something like that.

Either that, or he is an investor sitting on a bunch of downtown unsold condo units.

possible investor but from his profile and posts, i can tell he's a RE agent with an obnoxious commercial, who's been self promoting himself.

he's probably drooling over his 5% commission on the inflated RE prices.

CITY_LOVER said:
hey, while i completely agree with you, i don't think ice condos (and buildings with a similar stature location- and quality-wise) are supposed to be affordable to a significant % of the population!

true, but escalating RE prices aren't isolated to one specific area

I don't see how ICE justifies itself to be an 'un-affordable' project with its average grade features+finishes and the terrible layouts ... yes I agree certain sites deserve to fetch $600+ psf (ie: Florian, Pier 27, Ritz, Four Seasons, Shangri-La, and maybe L Tower), but ICE ?? hardly worth it ~

I don't see how ICE justifies itself to be an 'un-affordable' project with its average grade features+finishes and the terrible layouts ... yes I agree certain sites deserve to fetch $600+ psf (ie: Florian, Pier 27, Ritz, Four Seasons, Shangri-La, and maybe L Tower), but ICE ?? hardly worth it ~

I don't think L tower is all that attractive after the boot was knocked off. I don't know about Pier 27 being better location either (it's quite stinky by Redpath). I don't know about the Florian, however Ritz, 4 seasons and Shangri-la are hotels so they are definitely high class luxury. Ice is nowhere near their price.

The good thing about Ice is the PATH, location between ACC, skydome, and CN tower, and no incarceration (yet). Some builders are charging for the location and not really for the features+finishes. Builders prefer to put more money in their own pockets than earn less and actually give buyers more value for their money.

Florian, Ritz, Four Seasons, Shangri La, Trump are all $1000 + psf, so Ice at $600 maybe be cheap;)

Cheap? Maybe to some but at this location it is a rip-off. York and Bremner is not Bay and Bloor. Nor is ICE a luxury brand like Trump, Ritz or Shanrgi La. And how many people are really convinced that the quality will match the price? Wait, don't answer because... this is not a real estate forum.

I find it hilarious that two different addresses on the same street in the same development cycle by the same architect (ICE and TCHC CityPlace) are basically being vilified for being the same thing: not expensive enough. C'mon.

Your post is this way and that but it misses the point. Price-per-square-foot does not a world-class city make. It is irresponsible to try and compare cities using only one measure in the absence of a strong context and analysis. It is also irresponsible to compare prices to another city as a justification for spending more than you need in a city with a different economic condition. The expression apple to oranges comes to mind.

I have to agree that Toronto real estate is one of the lowest compared to similar world citys, a cousin of mine that lives in New York city and has investments through-out a couple of northeast citys shakes his head in amazement that you can still purchase a house in the vicinity of our downtown core for $600.000/750.000.

General brokers are camping outside the sales office 3 days in advance of their entry to sales;)

Sounds like a repeat of 1 Bloor. I can't wait to see if history repeats itself at 1 Bloor, when they go into sales. Will it be condo mania again? (even with our little recession)

Back