Toronto Design Haus | 52.12m | 19s | Shiu Pong | Kirkor Architects

investican

Member Bio
Reaction score
Shiu Pong recently purchased the SE Corner of Huron/College. It seems to be about third of an Acre and currently has a freestanding building consisting of storefronts and apartments.

Don't know if the building is historical.

Interesting to see a proposal

I remember hearing rumours about a potential development here. This site features a fair bit of build-able space including the parking space surrounding it. I'm kind of on the fence here, the existing building is a decent Victorian apartment block with retail space. Shiu Pong's portfolio of past projects has also been pretty inconsistent. Hopefully any future proposal here would resemble more Maxus than Lotus.

Last edited:
the existing building has a really cool archway in the back that leads into a courtyard for horses or whatever. it's where the pita pit keeps it trash now. they'll have to keep it, its too good.

Here it is in 1925.

s0372_ss0072_it0992.jpg

^ Would love to see building concepts like 250 Bowery lining Spadina (b/w Dundas & College). Clean and attractive contemporary design with references to the classic brick warehouses south of Queen. My ideal form of urbanism.

Last edited:

Back