News   Oct 18, 2024
 2.4K     8 
News   Oct 18, 2024
 306     0 
News   Oct 18, 2024
 867     4 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Actuallly they do have locations in London and Paris
The franchise section of their French website does mention it is an international chain that decided it was ready to enter the French market, but without specifying its country of origin.

The franchise section of their French website does mention it is an international chain that decided it was ready to enter the French market, but without specifying its country of origin.
That was a pretty bold move. I wonder how successful they are in France. I may have purchased their bread while I was in Asia, but I’m no connoisseur when it comes to bakery products, so I can’t say if they’re authentic. Anyone has an opinion?

They opened up their first location here in NYCC - I'd say it's pretty good - though not amazing - and in NYCC I actually think there are better options - and it's not a french bakery - this isn't a bad thing per se - it's a different thing in terms of taste.

I wonder how many Torontonians think that Paris Baguette is from Paris (or at least France). It's a South Korean chain operating on a franchise model. When I was in Southeast Asia last year, I noticed they were present in almost every mid- to hi-end mall in the major cities. Not sure if they have any presence in Europe.
I was aware that Paris Baguette is a Korean chain for some time, but found out about it only after they opened at Yonge Sheppard Centre in March 2023. That being said, their name certainly has the potential to mislead customers about their origin.

Smeg, the high-end Italian appliance maker is launching a new Toronto presence with a flagship on Bloor, just west of Yonge, right beside LuLu Lemon.

Here's the story from Retail-Insider:

Render from the above:

1728342198300.png

More detail on the store and Smeg products when you follow the link.

I was aware that Paris Baguette is a Korean chain for some time, but found out about it only after they opened at Yonge Sheppard Centre in March 2023. That being said, their name certainly has the potential to mislead customers about their origin.
I also have suspicions about that Swiss Chalet chain.

Burberry opens its flagship location in the former Pottery Barn store (vacant since before the pandemic), although when I passed by today around 6 pm the store was closed.

I believe the Holt Renfrew Mens @ 100 Bloor has been leased. It's no longer listed as available. Not surprised, that's probably the best retail corner in Yorkville ATM with exposure on Bloor and Belair heading to the node on Yorkville Ave. Can anyone confirm?
Greetings, did you every hear who may be the new occupier of 100 Bloor?

Back