News   Oct 18, 2024
 2.7K     8 
News   Oct 18, 2024
 335     0 
News   Oct 18, 2024
 955     4 

Roads: Traffic catch all

It sounds like a combined bus/bike lane could solve these issues.
Only if you remove the centre left turn lane. Doing so opens the door for people to park there regardless what the lane is supposed to be for in the first place.

It sounds like a combined bus/bike lane could solve these issues.
Not really a fan of bus/bike lanes. I've ridden around buses, and you're constantly overtaking the bus, then having the bus overtake you. I can tell the driver is apprehensive about it and I don't really like the bus squeezing by. Passing seems like a good opportunity to get hit by a car speeding by as I'm squeezed between.

It really bothered me when I first saw electric skateboards. In my opinion you shouldn't be on a skateboard unless you're willing to push with your feet.

Then electric mopeds. At first I was happy to see mopeds in Toronto, but with the reluctance to license (plate) them, they became unaccountable DUI bikes..

Now electric scooters menacing the city. Haven't scooters done enough to ruin skateboarding - training wheels!

In my honest opinion, none of this is real. You wanna skate, push. You wanna bike, pedal. You want an electric moped, it better have a license plate. You're riding an electric scooter, no comment...

Then there's the dismantling of our recently lost trolleybus networks. The only true electric buses. It takes real effort to maintain the wires.

My biggest quarrel with electric skateboards, bikes/mopeds, scooters, and buses is that everything is made to be as effortless as possible, while before these used to require real, meaningful effort.

I especially hate how everything has an expensive toxic battery that can explode! We've seen that on the TTC.

It really bothered me when I first saw electric skateboards. In my opinion you shouldn't be on a skateboard unless you're willing to push with your feet.

Then electric mopeds. At first I was happy to see mopeds in Toronto, but with the reluctance to license (plate) them, they became unaccountable DUI bikes..

Now electric scooters menacing the city. Haven't scooters done enough to ruin skateboarding - training wheels!

In my honest opinion, none of this is real. You wanna skate, push. You wanna bike, pedal. You want an electric moped, it better have a license plate. You're riding an electric scooter, no comment...

Then there's the dismantling of our recently lost trolleybus networks. The only true electric buses. It takes real effort to maintain the wires.

My biggest quarrel with electric skateboards, bikes/mopeds, scooters, and buses is that everything is made to be as effortless as possible, while before these used to require real, meaningful effort.

I especially hate how everything has an expensive toxic battery that can explode! We've seen that on the TTC.
1727222129562.png

Then there's the dismantling of our recently lost trolleybus networks.

Did this post pass through a time warp?

Then electric mopeds. At first I was happy to see mopeds in Toronto, but with the reluctance to license (plate) them, they became unaccountable DUI bikes.

In fact, impaired operation of any electric conveyance.is a criminal offence. You want to drive impaired, stick to a traditional bike or scooter.

So... There seems to be a new EU-directive for electric scooters. This is Finland's policy:
Electric scooters and other unregistered electric mobility devices must be insured, if their net weight is over 25kg or their designed speed exceeds 25km/h.

Here is the new traffic sign:

9a0450eb5d00827a177517d63fd3807b.jpg.webp

Source

Back