News   Oct 18, 2024
 2.4K     7 
News   Oct 18, 2024
 301     0 
News   Oct 18, 2024
 862     4 

Allan Gardens Revitalization Plan

Another report/plan for enhancing Allan Gardens is on the agenda for next week's I&E Ctte.

The plan comes from the 'The Friends of Allan Gardens' and is not a complete re-think but a tweaked version of the last iteration from 2018.

The Plan comes in two parts:

and

The latter has more of the detail/action items vs the former which is a bit more history/context/principles.

From the above:

1726842716494.png

1726842741491.png

1726842782244.png

1726842840161.png

There are other program elements, some more developed than others, if you follow the link.

They forgot to include random tents in the renders.

You're being silly. Besides, no one is tenting on flower beds or the paths. I agree its a problem, I've outlined some solutions in the past. But this is part of the solution.

Another report/plan for enhancing Allan Gardens is on the agenda for next week's I&E Ctte.

The plan comes from the 'The Friends of Allan Gardens' and is not a complete re-think but a tweaked version of the last iteration from 2018.

The Plan comes in two parts:

and

The latter has more of the detail/action items vs the former which is a bit more history/context/principles.

From the above:

View attachment 597516

View attachment 597517

View attachment 597518

View attachment 597519

There are other program elements, some more developed than others, if you follow the link.

Great to see them contemplating expanding the greenhouse - and using the infill is a smart choice. The early design itself is not terribly inspiring - with all the charms of a commercial greenhouse. Personally I don't see any point of preserving the two wings on either side of the Palm House, and they should move the U of T Botany Greenhouse to a central axis that aligns with Palm House on the west side.

And speaking of the Palm House - photos from the city site on the status of the restoration:

AoD

Last edited:
OMG! Such an unexpected pleasure to see the improvements at Allan Gardens! Coupled with the explosion in residents in the immediate area I see a bright future for The Garden District. Taken 28 September.
Beautiful. Now, can we just clear the squatters so downtown east can have its park back?

Just enforce the by-law. 608-13.
Unless authorized by permit, no person shall dwell, camp or lodge in a park.

Or move them to Craigleigh Gardens so the Rosedale elites can share in the shanty goodness they helped to create.

Last edited:
Last paragraph of that CBC story:
According to the city's own data, a total of 10,339 people in Toronto were actively homeless in the last three months, while a total of 9,599 people used its shelter system on Thursday night. As well, an average of 223 people a night were turned away from the shelter system in September.

We can't enforce our way out of this crisis.

Back