News   Aug 09, 2024
 653     0 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 2.6K     2 

New rides at Wonderland

From the above:
Screenshot_20240808_085655_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh. I used to love going on rollercoasters, but I find these next generation ones rather unsettling. It's the lack of shoulder harness that I couldn't handle at all. After enduring Behemoth, I was officially done. I didn't even bother with the insane ones that came after that - Leviathan and Yukon Striker, and this new one will continue that trend...

Ugh. I used to love going on rollercoasters, but I find these next generation ones rather unsettling. It's the lack of shoulder harness that I couldn't handle at all. After enduring Behemoth, I was officially done. I didn't even bother with the insane ones that came after that - Leviathan and Yukon Striker, and this new one will continue that trend...
Over the shoulder restraints are not necessary for most things.

Which is a bit odd to say, as they are far smoother rides than many of the earlier park coasters like Wilde Beast, Minebuster, and especially Flight Deck.

Grace Peacock, the Director of Communications, did confirm there will be a pyro aspect to the mountain as it ejects the coaster out of the mountain as well as some refurbishments on Alpenfest overall. I hope this means The Fly gets a new look/theme as well as if we have a pyrotechnic on site again hopefully Backlot gets to come back in its former glory with its fire fx.

Looking at the animation I bet there are intentions for a flat ride to go where the coaster turns around on Skyflier's plot of land and I wouldn't be surprised if World Expo starts coming into fruition within two or three years by replacing Flight Deck and Timewarp. Every time I've been in that area this summer (8 times) that area has been a ghost town until you get to Psyclone and Sledgehammer. With Backlot Cafe this season getting replaced with the Grand World Eatery, I feel like that was only the beginning.

My major complaint about this, because there is very little to complain about, is the riders per hour cap being maxed out at 810 whereas all of the B&Ms are well over 1k. This shiny new toy is going to be a slog to get through with only 18 riders per train and two trains instead of three due to there not being a mid-course break run/ secondary launch. Grace did mention that they had a certain budget to work with and they landed on this, which makes me think there might be a similar investment into a new coaster a lot sooner than the time frame of Levi to Yukon (2012-2019) or Yukon to Alpenfury (2019-2025)... and I believe it will be that family wood coaster that was on the pass holder survey from last year. I just don't think it'll be in the forest, I think it'll be beside the parkinglot where they would want more foot traffic for their recent investments.

Back