News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 769     0 

St Lawrence Market

The substation in question was the one located at John and Wellington.

It is a massive structure and contains most (if not all) the electrical connections for Downtown. I see your point, but unfortunately this substation is the lynch pin for the Downtown Core.
I’ve heard nothing about this impacting the John and Wellington substation, nor does that make any sense.

The boundaries of the outage were reported as Church-DVP, Gardiner-Rosedale Valley. I spoke with the Hydro guys outside of the 233 Adelaide E substation who reported the six breakers.

Also to be clear, reports say 6500 customers were affected and without doing the math I can say with some confidence that is sub 10% of the bounded area. Response and recovery time of about 3hrs.

I’ve heard nothing about this impacting the John and Wellington substation, nor does that make any sense.

The boundaries of the outage were reported as Church-DVP, Gardiner-Rosedale Valley. I spoke with the Hydro guys outside of the 233 Adelaide E substation who reported the six breakers.

Also to be clear, reports say 6500 customers were affected and without doing the math I can say with some confidence that is sub 10% of the bounded area. Response and recovery time of about 3hrs.
As usual RW is misinformed. This problem occurred almost in front of the sub-station @ George & Adelaide which serves the affected area.

As usual RW is misinformed. This problem occurred almost in front of the sub-station @ George & Adelaide which serves the affected area.

Excuse me?

When I was watching CP24 yesterday they had mentioned King and John in error hence where I got my information from. Take from that what you will.

The Works burger joint on Wellington & Church is 'Temporarily Closed" - one day that corner will get decent building but ... (No current Building permit on line so not sure why they are closed.)
After many months of nothing, The Works suddenly put up some 'hiring' signs in the window, did a bit of reno, and now they appear to be open again. There were people inside when I just walked past. Their website still indicates this location is temporarily closed, however. It all seems like a pretty strange way to run a business, but what do I know.

D'Lux Spa and Lounge is open now at 16 Lower Jarvis: https://www.instagram.com/dlux.toronto/p/C6RmjD8Rqbs/

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 13.42.24.png

First IG reel on my new phone! I just wanted to point out that on the stretch of Jarvis below The Esplanade to the Gardiner does have people on it and the beauty salon on the west side did have customers. The North Market is down to final details on the outside and the garage looks close to opening.

Taken 9 June.

IMG_3381.jpeg

IMG_3389.jpeg

IMG_3408.jpeg

Last edited:
First IG reel on my new phone! I just wanted to point out that on the stretch of Jarvis below The Esplanade to the Gardiner does have people on it and the beauty salon on the west side did have customers. The North Market is down to final details on the outside and the garage looks close to opening.

Taken 9 June.

View attachment 570955

View attachment 570956

We all hope you are right but the Toronto Parking folk are talking of a December opening and the North Market's earliest date is, I am told, Labour Day and even that is apparently doubtful.

We all hope you are right but the Toronto Parking folk are talking of a December opening and the North Market's earliest date is, I am told, Labour Day and even that is apparently doubtful.
That is so funny! From the image you can see that it is painted, the lights are on and the machines are installed. What’s left to do? 🤔

That is so funny! From the image you can see that it is painted, the lights are on and the machines are installed. What’s left to do? 🤔
Working out how to operate it I suppose. I can see City staff sitting around saying 'why weren't we told there is new Market/ parking garage coming??" Of course, it COULD (and should) be opened sooner but .....

Back