Toronto Plaza on Yonge | 108.7m | 32s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

1603572224193.png

1603572254897.png

That's brilliant - build New Car Dealership first,.... then build Condo tower later so all construction dust will coat new cars at car dealership!

I suspect the Car Dealership is being built first,.... because condo tower will be going for more density! Currently at Density: 4.69FSI; Height: 103.0m 32-storey

I suspect the Car Dealership is being built first,.... because condo tower will be going for more density! Currently at Density: 4.69FSI; Height: 103.0m 32-storey
Where do you see them doing a second rezoning? The by-law was passed. I am working on this file so i genuinely interested if you have information outside of what has been approved via a very expensive rezoning process. I do know the site plan changed through the process but my density figures should still be correct, unless you have some new data.

Where do you see them doing a second rezoning? The by-law was passed. I am working on this file so i genuinely interested if you have information outside of what has been approved via a very expensive rezoning process. I do know the site plan changed through the process but my density figures should still be correct, unless you have some new data.

I don't have any insider information - I'm just a mere local busybody.

I just find it very suspect that the developer would proceed with the Car Dealership along its Yonge Street frontage first - since this would limit access and make construction of condo tower in rear more difficult. Yes, I'm quite familiar with the proposed POPS walkway and on-site Parkland dedication along the southern side - due to the adjacent lot to the west, ConservatoryGroup/YolandaFlander, ability to revise this proposal for their own benefit.

The 4.69FSI - awarded here via OMB/LPAT - is slightly higher than the 4.5FSI maximum allowable density under North York Centre Secondary Plan; which since losing against Menkes GibsonSquare at OMB now allows for upto 5.98FSI density at prime corner site with direct subway connection (thus, far of built projects Tridel Hullmark-Centre, Bazis EmeraldPark and RioCan Yonge-Sheppard Centre has utilize this).

As you know, there's a couple of development proposal north of North York Centre Secondary Plan boundary of Cummer/Drewry with about 12FSI density (Ghod's 5959 Yonge & 5997 Yonge) before the OMB/LPAT and may trigger the Yonge Street North Secondary Plan - they're assuming a Cummer Subway Station would be built to their front door!

Recently on behalf of CityPlanning, local Councillor Filion has formally requested clarity from Metrolinx on it's commitment to a Cummer Subway Station. IF that Cummer Station is to be built with entrance south of Cummer/Drewry, then this site could potentially have a direct subway connection,... and thus be eligible for upto 5.98FSI density under the North York Centre Secondary Plan.

So increasing density FSI by a third, increasing number of condo units by a third, increasing profit by a third,.... that's pretty strong incentives to up-zone further when the timing is right.

This is probably why across Yonge Street, Aoyuan M2M will be done in 3 Phases leaving it's fifth and last tower to be built as a low mid-rise - for now,... and if Cummer Subway Station is built, this Phase 3 low mid-rise at southeast corner of Yonge & Cummer would shot up as M2M density goes from 4.2FSI (2014 Final Report) to 5.98FSI maximum and become the tallest & thickest of M2M towers
Filion_CummerStation.PNG

http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2020.NY20.33

Last edited:
ok thanks. That's a ton of assumptions, but i appreciate your perspective even if i disagree with what the outcome will be..

I don't have any insider information - I'm just a mere local busybody.

I just find it very suspect that the developer would proceed with the Car Dealership along its Yonge Street frontage first - since this would limit access and make construction of condo tower in rear more difficult. Yes, I'm quite familiar with the proposed POPS walkway and on-site Parkland dedication along the southern side - due to the adjacent lot to the west, ConservatoryGroup/YolandaFlander, ability to revise this proposal for their own benefit.

The 4.69FSI - awarded here via OMB/LPAT - is slightly higher than the 4.5FSI maximum allowable density under North York Centre Secondary Plan; which since losing against Menkes GibsonSquare at OMB now allows for upto 5.98FSI density at prime corner site with direct subway connection (thus, far of built projects Tridel Hullmark-Centre, Bazis EmeraldPark and RioCan Yonge-Sheppard Centre has utilize this).

As you know, there's a couple of development proposal north of North York Centre Secondary Plan boundary of Cummer/Drewry with about 12FSI density (Ghod's 5959 Yonge & 5997 Yonge) before the OMB/LPAT and may trigger the Yonge Street North Secondary Plan - they're assuming a Cummer Subway Station would be built to their front door!

Recently on behalf of CityPlanning, local Councillor Filion has formally requested clarity from Metrolinx on it's commitment to a Cummer Subway Station. IF that Cummer Station is to be built with entrance south of Cummer/Drewry, then this site could potentially have a direct subway connection,... and thus be eligible for upto 5.98FSI density under the North York Centre Secondary Plan.

So increasing density FSI by a third, increasing number of condo units by a third, increasing profit by a third,.... that's pretty strong incentives to up-zone further when the timing is right.

This is probably why across Yonge Street, Aoyuan M2M will be done in 3 Phases leaving it's fifth and last tower to be built as a low mid-rise - for now,... and if Cummer Subway Station is built, this Phase 3 low mid-rise at southeast corner of Yonge & Cummer would shot up as M2M density goes from 4.2FSI (2014 Final Report) to 5.98FSI maximum and become the tallest & thickest of M2M towers
View attachment 292064

http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2020.NY20.33
Haha...you mention the North York Centre Secondary Plan in every post of yours. personally I'd like to see them toss it and let developers go big or go home
seems like all those 30-40 storey buildings being built and proposed look outdated and boring

Sale to Plaza now available on RealNet. 23.6 mill, closed 2020-12-30, sale price is just for 5840 Yonge, and looks like it is part one of two sales. The other sale being for 5868 Yonge, possibly with different closing date.

They're now onto the second building, the former car dealership. Won't be long before this one is leveled as well.

Anyone know the timeline for what's going in after demolition is complete?

PXL_20210617_173604817~2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PMT

Back