News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 283     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 809     0 

Exhibition Place

Somewhere like Winnipeg or Edmonton with very few if any cases should be the ones hosting this. Not Toronto.

Yes but Winnipeg didn't have a bid put forth.

Exhibition Place can be isolated quite well actually. I worked at the Allstream Centre during the G20 and trust me that place can be turned into a heavily armed fortress very quickly if needed.

Exhibition Place can be isolated quite well actually. I worked at the Allstream Centre during the G20 and trust me that place can be turned into a heavily armed fortress very quickly if needed.

In the vein of Throwback Thursday..

20200625_114117.jpg

I doubt that. They likely have barracks inside the armoury.

There are no barracks in any armoury in Canada that I am aware of. Armouries are administrative and assembly sites for the their assigned elements, and since all Toronto area regiments, etc. are Reserve (i.e. part-time) there is no need for accommodations since they all have their own residences. Stanley Barracks and the Officers Quarters are no longer military properties.

Of course it is - isn't that why this thread exists?

AoD

Likewise with the Blue Jays - no thank you

Agree. Toronto can't even follow simple basic protocols like physical distancing properly. The standard seems to be 30 cm (instead of 200 cm) or no physical distancing at all. I don't have to go far to see soccer games going on with physical distancing being broken 20 times/minute for 2 hours straight. Some Torontonians do their part but hundreds of thousands of Torontonians still think COVID-19 is a colossal joke.

We need to get our act together before taking on something like hosting the NHL.

A COVID outbreak during the NHL playoffs would be a public relations disaster for the NHL. It's hard to imagine the league and its stakeholders being lax with regard to protocols.

Sounds like an amazing opportunity to showcase the City during a totally dead tourism season.

A COVID outbreak during the NHL playoffs would be a public relations disaster for the NHL. It's hard to imagine the league and its stakeholders being lax with regard to protocols.

Sounds like an amazing opportunity to showcase the City during a totally dead tourism season.

Honestly, I can see Edmonton and Toronto being the two hub cities with Vegas being knocked out of the running because of the current increase in cases down south.

It's (possibly) coming!

The NHL has seemingly decided on its hub cities for when the league returns to play, according to multiple reports on Wednesday: Toronto for the Eastern Conference and Edmonton for the West.

A formal announcement has not been made, but the reports follow weeks of speculation about which cities the league would resume play in after games were halted due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Toronto Mayor John Tory was also not able to provide confirmation, but said during an unrelated news conference Wednesday that he's got his "fingers crossed" for the prospect of hosting.

CBC News has learned that Dr. David Williams, Ontario's chief medical officer of health, has expressed support for the selection of Toronto as a hub city, provided the proper public health procedures and protocols are in place.

Last edited:
"Innovation Zone", really? Baby steps first Toronto. For starters activate signal priority as @AlvinofDiaspar mentioned. Then build the damn link between Exhibition Loop and Dufferin Gate.

After that, then sure explore this little "innovation" fantasy. This city is such a joke when it comes to transit it's just mind-numbing, this sounds exactly like that fantasy project that was put on the table to connect Union Station to the Waterfront.

It wouldn't kill them to put in an aerial tramway to get to Ontario Place from the GO station… would it? Doing anything at all to make Ontario Place more accessible would be innovative.

Back