News   Apr 26, 2024
 296     1 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 180     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 630     0 

Ridiculous comments and claims made by City Councillors

Easy, because all this requires is an apology - to someone who is no longer with the TTC at that; vs. someone using a) their authority as a councillor to provide assistance to a friend when they are not supposed to and b) plausibly attempting to undermine another councillor through cloak and dagger or c) someone getting dinged for violating fundraising rules. Nice attempt at whataboutism though - but since you want to play this game, perhaps I need to jog your mind of the current premier's history? AoD

If this was another Councillor (i.e. right--leaning), you would not have the same reaction.

If this was another Councillor (i.e. right--leaning), you would not have the same reaction.

Matlow doesn't have a consistent pattern of behaviour that requires multiple investigations by the Integrity Commissioner and censure of council, for one. The nature of the transgression is another. I don't see you bringing up or condemning Mammo's multiple and severe violations (as in more than one, severe enough to justify docking of pay for three months by council) up yourself, plus an ongoing OPP investigation to the TPA deal that he is intimately involved in. How am I supposed to read into that absence of a reaction? :rolleyes:

AoD

Last edited:

I know this isn't about me but as someone who rags on Mammo a lot I feel I should offer the following in my pre-emptive defence:

I find Gord Perks to be as much of a tit as Mammo and then there's Adam Vaughan (former).
There, I have all three status quo political parties covered. Happy?

Recap: Perks = Mammolitti = Vaughan = 0

The only chance is if the people running against him decide to just run as 1 with the others helping that person out.

From this link:

And in Ward 7, represented by repugnant six-term councillor Giorgio Mammoliti, Tiffany Ford and Keegan Henry-Mathieu will likely split the vote allowing Mammoliti’s re-election. (Tiffany) Ford, currently a TDSB trustee, is probably the stronger candidate; Henry-Mathieu came in a distant sixth place in 2014.

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 5.57.09 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 5.57.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 5.57.09 PM.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 440
newtwitterav_normal.jpg
Matt Elliott
1 min ago
Deputy Mayor Minnan-Wong says in his 24 years (!) on Toronto City Council not even one single speed bump has been installed in his ward. He’s proud of this.

Should be. Speed bumps are a bit of a joke. Though, getting rid of stop signs and having people trained to drive properly would have been a greater accomplishment, though half of that would be besides his remit.

Tallying up vast numbers of speed bump installs is not an accomplishment.

Now di Ciano is insulting sailors, where will it all stop? (I like his new nom de guerre Justin di Dunpar - maybe someone will call him that at Council!)

Nice one! I think he's a twat, but I wouldn't expect him to apologise for the drunken sailor comment. I sure as hell wouldn't retract that statement if it passed my own lips. He's probably correct in his accusation, if we're being honest.

Interesting amendment proposed by Justin di Dunpar to the motion at Council today about Michael Thompson's ethics incident.

"2 - Motion to Amend Item (Additional) moved by Councillor Justin J. Di Ciano (Final)

That City Council request the Integrity Commissioner, with the advice of outside counsel if required, to issue an interpretive bulletin or other appropriate document providing more detailed advice and guidance to Members of Council on the definition of the term "friends" in Section VIII of the Code of Conduct and to provide further guidance and advice on permitted and prohibited actions and interactions involving Members of Council and "friends"."

Interesting amendment proposed by Justin di Dunpar to the motion at Council today about Michael Thompson's ethics incident.

"2 - Motion to Amend Item (Additional) moved by Councillor Justin J. Di Ciano (Final)

That City Council request the Integrity Commissioner, with the advice of outside counsel if required, to issue an interpretive bulletin or other appropriate document providing more detailed advice and guidance to Members of Council on the definition of the term "friends" in Section VIII of the Code of Conduct and to provide further guidance and advice on permitted and prohibited actions and interactions involving Members of Council and "friends"."

I wonder why he wanted that clarification :rolleyes:

AoD

Back