Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

this building is going to be fine. The entire area consists of European style large building blocks that are either massive in them selves, or connected to each other to create massive blocks.

I feel this building will fit in fairly well into the area.

this building is going to be fine. The entire area consists of European style large building blocks that are either massive in them selves, or connected to each other to create massive blocks.

Those who live in the area are not so sure!

29 storeys vs 10 to 12 storeys.

Let the dewatering begin.
Ah, interesting. I hadn't realised they were going to do any. It's not particularly deep I don't believe - 1 floor down?

I haven't noticed any kitty-corner at 158 Front Street East, although that's very shallow too, and of course slightly higher in elevation, and not mostly in the old lake!

It will be interesting to see what they unearth in that hole. Decades ago, I did some boreholes in the block bounded by Esplanade, Front, Jarvis, and George, and we hit timbers from the old wharf.

Here's a couple of photos of the demolition from today.
upload_2018-6-8_19-24-1.png
upload_2018-6-8_19-24-43.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-8_19-24-1.png
    upload_2018-6-8_19-24-1.png
    1,017.2 KB · Views: 617
  • upload_2018-6-8_19-24-43.png
    upload_2018-6-8_19-24-43.png
    1 MB · Views: 613
From what I recall this is only going one level down, so probably not much.

Right, from the arch plans, only P1 below grade. Reminder of what we're getting here. Looks very spandrally to me... This gives a good sense of the mass of the thing...wow.\
Source: City of Toronto dev app page.

upload_2018-6-9_10-14-0.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-9_10-14-0.png
    upload_2018-6-9_10-14-0.png
    903.9 KB · Views: 645
Right, from the arch plans, only P1 below grade. Reminder of what we're getting here. Looks very spandrally to me... This gives a good sense of the mass of the thing...wow.\
Yes, due to contaminated soil (there was once a petroleum dealer on the site) - plus the high water table, no doubt - there will only be one level of underground parking.

That model really puts it into perspective doesn't it... As someone living a building over, I'm watching this go up with trepidation.

Also live in the area, and as out of scale as this spandrel monstrosity is, I am looking forward to this parking lot being developed, and interested to see how the residents, and the additional retail changes the area for better or worse.

Back