Toronto The HUB | 258.46m | 59s | Oxford Properties | Rogers Stirk Harbour

Anybody able to estimate the height?

Angled renders like that are usually very far from accurate, but it seems to be slightly taller than FCP. Given the ~8m elevation difference between the two, I would guesstimate 300-320m.

Of course I could be wildly, wildly off. This could also be 260m. Gotta wait for the architectural plans to see.

I really dont know what to make of this one. On the one hand I like how they are keeping Toronto Harbour Commission Building completely intact and the concrete (from what I can tell) risers help to create visual distinction on the tower.

On the other hand, the podium looks off and doesn't seem to transition well with the actual tower portion. It also seems like the dark grey glass will cause this tower to get lost in the sea of blue and green towers around it.

Overall i'm happy to see that at least we're not getting another repeat RBC Waterpark style building, and the proposal makes an effort to stand out from its current surroundings.

I really like it. I expect some refinements but I really like the direction they are going in, with respects to the form and the colours of the materials. Those multilevel common spaces (reminds me of the Terrence Donnelly Centre) will be spectacular surely.

Oh man I'm loving this structural expressionism. Will really make the skyline pop. Also like the blackish windows.

Actually, I'm gonna give you some close-ups here:

HUBAerNW1280k.jpg
HUBStrNWK1280.jpg

Attachments

• HUBAerNW1280k.jpg
    HUBAerNW1280k.jpg
    912.5 KB · Views: 1,516
  • HUBStrNWK1280.jpg
    HUBStrNWK1280.jpg
    478.3 KB · Views: 1,355
The Hub will be a game changer for this view heading south down Bay Street. (Plus when you include CIBC Square that will be on the left side of this image, this area will be transformed!) (Source: Google Street View)...
BayStreet.PNG

Attachments

• BayStreet.PNG
    BayStreet.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 375

Back