News   Apr 26, 2024
 597     2 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 222     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 705     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I’m curious what is going to be in the TTC Operations Building. I would have presumed the operations would be managed from Hillcrest.

I took that to mean "the office building".... operator locker room, crew signin/out, lunchroom, etc.

Of course, it wouldn't be the first time that ML blurted out something they shouldn't have. The location for GO's emergency backup centre (for if the new control center in Oakville is ever compromised) was divulged when GO put out a tender for its construction. I wondered if this building is related to TTC's business continuity process, whatever it is. Just speculating.

- Paul

I took that to mean "the office building".... operator locker room, crew signin/out, lunchroom, etc.

Of course, it wouldn't be the first time that ML blurted out something they shouldn't have. The location for GO's emergency backup centre (for if the new control center in Oakville is ever compromised) was divulged when GO put out a tender for its construction. I wondered if this building is related to TTC's business continuity process, whatever it is. Just speculating.

- Paul

I recently learned that the location of TTC Transit Control is a secret. I’m sure everyone here knows where it is :cool:

I recently learned that the location of TTC Transit Control is a secret. I’m sure everyone here knows where it is :cool:

The exact building in Hillcrest is secret but it is known that it is in Hillcrest.

To protect the operational integrity of the TTC, I'm not going to disclose which building transit control operates out of. But let's just say that there is only one building in the Hillcrest complex shaped like this o_O

tmp767038959707488256.jpg

Attachments

• tmp767038959707488256.jpg
    tmp767038959707488256.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 441
What is the function of the TTC building at Coxwell and Danforth then?

It started off as a streetcar yard. It's been sized down over the decades, and now hosts some small offices and storage space

the TTC continues to own the property at 1627 Danforth Avenue, and uses the space as offices for station collectors and subway operators. A portion of the garage is used to store electrical and communications equipment while another portion has been leased to Habitat for Humanity. In 2007, the TTC examined the possibility of selling the property outright, but as of 2013, the building and the garage remain in the TTC's hands.
You can read more about it here: https://transit.toronto.on.ca/bus/8307.shtml

Might be a stupid question but, Crosstown will be operated out of Mount Dennis? Or TTC transit control?
The current plan is that once the new Vision sytem is insatlled on all buses and streetcars they will all be reporting to Hilcrest like the subway and SRT curently do. Curently each bus gargae and streetcar barn as separate divisions.

Back