Toronto 100 Queens Quay at Sugar Wharf | 117.34m | 25s | Menkes | B+H

Who cares:rolleyes:, thats all water under the bridge
..lets hope who ever buys this, keeps some heritage and builds something spectacular, afterall it is our waterfront

One way to ensure that is to not sell it......but the Ontario government seems motivated here to sell and bring in some money....it would then just be a city matter to work with whomever buys it to get the best development possble.

In this case I think the developer would be smart to keep the entire heritage element and simply work with it. This is a very large heritage structure in an area that has almost none. They could take advantage of that.

In this case I think the developer would be smart to keep the entire heritage element and simply work with it. This is a very large heritage structure in an area that has almost none. They could take advantage of that.

Perhaps...but those sort of work arounds will affect price.

Again, take it with a grain of salt, but the lobby register has a listing under 2 Cooper Street with a developer's name: Greenland Group. You know that Chinese developer who rescued the King Blue project.

As in they are a potential bidder right now? Interesting news. I wonder who else has bid? Is that information public?

The RFP doesn't close until April 17th. The selection of a successful proponent will be announced Summer 2015.
http://www.infrastructureontario.ca/Templates/DoingBusinessWithUs.aspx?id=2147492222&langtype=1033
http://www.merx.com/infrastructureontario

The press release announcing the pending sale said
"Infrastructure Ontario will issue a Request for Proposals (RFP) for the sale of the LCBO lands on Sept. 4, 2014, and publicly post it on the MERX website."
http://news.ontario.ca/medt/en/2014/9/buyer-sought-for-lcbo-lands.html

But when you go on MERX you need a login and seem to have to execute an Confidentiality Agreement with IO. :confused: You can sign up for a free account with MERX, but I'm not sure what documents you can see with that.
http://www.merx.com/English/SUPPLIE...ORT=0&IS_SME=N&hcode=TRzYXDudQ1pRBxXkN8h9DQ==

Last edited:
The existing warehouse means nothing to anybody - knock it down before it becomes an issue.

The office building on Lakeshore might be worthwhile - I would keep it and level the rest - soon.

The existing warehouse means nothing to anybody - knock it down before it becomes an issue.

The office building on Lakeshore might be worthwhile - I would keep it and level the rest - soon.

I worked in the Vintages warehouse for two summers when I was a university student. Definitely nothing special. It would not be a loss if most or all of it were restored, but I agree that the Lakeshore head office should remain if all possible.

I thought there was talk of leaving the HQ on site (in office space the developer has to provide) ?

Most likely to the 905

The warehouse functions for this part of the province are already primarily handled by the LCBO Durham warehouse. When it closes, all of the remaining stock at the Freeland Street warehouse is to go to the Durham warehouse, which is the largest of Ontario's five LCBO warehouses, at 650,000 square feet as opposed to the Toronto warehouse's 100,000 sf. The Durham warehouse currently handles 52 million cases a year, compared to Toronto's two million a year. (with info found in a BlogTO posting)

Last edited:
Is there any idea of where the LCBO HQ or warehouse would move to?

The Freeland Street warehouse is just for Vintages and private order (restaurant, private wine collection) stock and could probably be swallowed by the Durham facility.

Most likely to the 905

When I worked at the Freeland site a decade ago I'd say 90% of the warehouse workers lived in the 905.

Last edited:
I thought there was talk of leaving the HQ on site (in office space the developer has to provide) ?

I would think the LCBO is exactly the kind of operation that should be seeking a site with a warehouse and office component near highways and, likely, near the airport.

Back