Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Well given the way she screwed Mirvish, I wouldn't be surprised. It's unfortunate though, I had hoped Toronto was through with mindless political B.S. after Ford was removed.

Mirvish Gehry isn't in KWT's ward, it is in Adam Vaughan's. I think you are referring to Keesmaat instead - but if one is going to accuse anyone of screwing *anything*, the facts should at least line up first.

.. this is Boomtown, no views are safe in this city

If you are right by the edge of the lake your views are pretty safe.

AoD

Last edited:
Is Adam Vaughan back as a Councillor? I can't keep track of these Liberal politicians! Good for him. He was there during some of the Mirvish talks and was able to negotiate well.

p.s. Were other people up all night because they couldn't sleep with all the excitement? I peed myself last night. Exoskeleton buildings are the bomb man!

This is the only photo of The One that I could find of the model from the east.

IMG_0233.jpg

From the National Post.

I hope I am allowed to share a photo from a source such as this.

Attachments

• IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 1,179
Is Adam Vaughan back as a Councillor? I can't keep track of these Liberal politicians! Good for him. He was there during some of the Mirvish talks and was able to negotiate well.

p.s. Were other people up all night because they couldn't sleep with all the excitement? I peed myself last night. Exoskeleton buildings are the bomb man!

Nope he is an MP now. And nope slept quite well - happy w/ the proposal.

This is the only photo of The One that I could find of the model from the east.

From the National Post.

I hope I am allowed to share a photo from a source such as this.

You cited the source so that's ok. There could very well be a blank wall on the south facade then

AoD

Last edited:
Does anyone else see Jack Layton in one of the podium detail renderings? Its the one showing the living wall. It's so funny, he's almost hiding behind a tree and chatting on his cell!! I don't know if this was intentional of the render artists, but that's Jack and he's back! They did a really nice homage to him that made me smile :)

Re the "heritage" thing: funny how everyone's still dwelling on Stollery's when there's other affected and actually *listed* properties down the Yonge block...

Was the finish on the cross bracing discussed? It almost looks like a dull bronze coloured metal, which would be really cool. The only part I don't like about this is the weird stacked blocks on the west side.

Was the finish on the cross bracing discussed? It almost looks like a dull bronze coloured metal, which would be really cool. The only part I don't like about this is the weird stacked blocks on the west side.

I'm trying to see which stacked blocks you're referring to. You mean on the side of the H&M?

Back