Mississauga Arte Residences | 56.02m | 18s | Emblem Developments | Studio JCI

Jasonzed

Member Bio
Reaction score
First posted by YYZer on SSC.

We can adjust the heading when more information is known.

This is an excellent location that's ripe for redevelopment. In due time, redevelopment will extend to Hurontario and Dundas and further eastward extending MCC's grasp. It's a short walk to the GO, parks, MCC among other things.

Across the street, where an old office building once stood, they are building an18s apartment building with ground level retail and a number of compact urban townhouses.

http://www.mississauga.ca/file/COM/OZ10_014W7_.pdf
Z 10/014 W7 - Gallery Developments Inc. and Town Cliff Development Corp. 89-95 Dundas Street West and 98 Agnes Street: The land owner at 89-95 Dundas Street West and 98 Agnes Street has applied to the City to permit 252 apartment units in a 37-storey mixed use building, with ground-level retail fronting onto Dundas Street West, and an 8-storey residential building.
Last Modified: March 01, 2011

This is to inform you that the land owner at 89 – 95 Dundas Street West and 98 Agnes Street, North side of
Dundas Street West, East of Novar Road has applied to the City to permit 252 apartment units in a 37-storey
mixed use building, with ground-level retail fronting onto Dundas Street West, and an 8-storey residential
building. Below is a short description of the application. The City will be processing the application as required
by the Provincial Planning Act and we would welcome any comments you may have.
Proposal:
• This proposal will require an amendment to the
Mississauga Plan Policies for the Cooksville
District from "Residential High Density II" and
“Mainstreet Retail Commercial” to "Mainstreet
Retail Commercial";
• An amendment to the Mississauga Official Plan
(new Official Plan) which designates the subject
property "Residential High Density" and "Mixed
Use", will be required to implement the current
proposal;
• To change the zoning for the subject lands from
"D1" (Development) and “C4” (Mainstreet
Commercial) to "C4-Exception" (Mainstreet
Commercial).
The following studies/information were submitted in
support of the application:
• Context Plan and Site Plan
• Floor Plans and Parking Plans
• Project Views, Elevation Plans, Building Sections
• Landscape Plan
• Planning Rationale Report
• Block Study
• Shadow Study
• Arborist Report/Tree Inventory Plan
• Qualitative Pedestrian Wind Assessment
• Parking Justification Letter
• Transportation Impact Study
• Noise Impact Study
• Functional Servicing Report
• Phase I Environmental Site Assessment
• Draft Official Plan Amendment
• Draft Zoning By-law Amendment

Last edited:
MCC will not reach Hurontario & Dundas for many years, if ever. It is currently not MCC, so it should just say Cooksville in the topic.

MCC will not reach Hurontario & Dundas for many years, if ever. It is currently not MCC, so it should just say Cooksville in the topic.

I was about to disagree with you, then I decided to agree with you. In the end, I don't know whether Cooksville should be considered part of MCC or not.

In the Downtown21 discussions, there was talk about extending MCC southward to include the Hurontario and Dundas area so to take advantage of higher density/mixed use designations. I, as do many others, consider it to be on its boundary hence the 50/50; if it were a person it would be considered "projection ambition" but who cares.

As a former resident, what do you think of the proposal and the impact it will have on the area including future redevelopment?

I sent an email to the Mississauga planning department to see if I can get the context and site plan.

Here is a render of the proposal. I'm scheduling a meeting for next week with the person responsible for this project and hopefully others over at the Mississauga Planning Department. I'm hope to get the lowdown on upcoming projects for MCC and area.

dundasnovar.jpg

As you can see the area needs a lot of work but in 5-10 years time it can be a happening place.
20110304014.jpg

20110304021.jpg

20110304015.jpg

20110304016.jpg

Bring it on! The area sucks quite a bit at the moment so it needs this kind of thing badly.

I miss this.

There was another proposal for this area and it never went any place as Council shot it down like they did the one for the south east corner of Hurontario St.

Look what taking place across the street from this one and thats nothing considering they raze the area 2 years ago. It also had another proposal, but no one wanted to buy it.

It has been said Cooksville is and always will have more residents than MCC and will keep the name. The area is plan for higher density now, but never seen the plan.

The 4 corners including the lands, 2-3 blocks around the 5/10 intersection can become Mississauga Downtown since it more of a downtown than the city core is today or plan. That whole area need to be rebuilt 100% with the exception of a building or 2.

Class it as Cooksville, not MCC

Last edited:
The 4 corners including the lands, 2-3 blocks around the 5/10 intersection can become Mississauga Downtown since it more of a downtown than the city core is today or plan. That whole area need to be rebuilt 100% with the exception of a building or 2.

Agreed! Even though the area looks terrible, with probably the ugliest strip malls in the GTA, at least there are more than a few pedestrians and the area has some streetlife. The same cannot be said for MCC. In the future, with some redevelopment and the LRT this area will hopefully be somewhat gentrified and become a notable intersection i.e. Yonge + Eglinton.

This is going to the Planning and Development committee On Feb 2, with the buildings as an 38 story apartment building and a 9's.

As the ward councilor keep saying, this is Cooksville and will never be part of MCC. This is the downtown for Mississauga and the ward councilor will have more residents than the so call Downtown 21 plan according to him.

Mods NOTE: 89-95 Dundas St W, Cooksville (Gall Dev & Town Cliff Dev Corp, 9 + 38s, Alan Littlewood Architect)
Feb 2 meeting:

There will 4 different levels of walkways connecting both building together so its one building, not 2.

The ward councilor was ready to rubber stamp it. They may flip the tall to the rear. Entrance & exit by Novar Rd only.
16431327061_7db0d198b1_b.jpg

15813027403_086ba69fa8_b.jpg

16245679900_69fde91fa9_b.jpg

Wow this is a nice one! Very good stuff. I hope it gets built.
Personally, I like the different setback and indenting and extruding shapes going up. very interesting project and a nice simple change. loving the stripes that seem to mimic the Eaton's centre tower (not sure its name but has white strips and one cylindrical side)

Personally, I like the different setback and indenting and extruding shapes going up. very interesting project and a nice simple change. loving the stripes that seem to mimic the Eaton's centre tower (not sure its name but has white strips and one cylindrical side)

That's exactly what I thought of when I saw this rendering. Love that it is residential, but looks commercial. Would be nice to seem some projects like this in MCC to create come variety in the skyline.

Back