News   Mar 28, 2024
 495     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 327     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 339     0 

Hazelton Hotel/Condo (Yorkrow, 9s, P+S/IBI Group) COMPLETE

Film industry types were still at Telluride and Venice yesterday. They won't start arriving here until Wednesday.

965912859_7919df6dc1_b.jpg

Does anyone else think that the residential portion of the building looks incomplete? It appears to be lacking a proper facade. I think it needs some corner pillars or something. Is it just me?

Overall I am very fond of this project both in terms of the quality of the design and its contextual fit for the area.

I went to One for Lunch Today, and it was wonderful, I highly recommend it, and the Interior is beautiful (as you would expect) and everyone needs to stop bitching about the cost of food. It's great.

There are two contexts battling it out for domination in the stylistic cage match we call Jerkville. Personally, I prefer the other one.

There are two contexts battling it out for domination in the stylistic cage match we call Jerkville. Personally, I prefer the other one.

Come now! Let's be fair about it. The area residents are not jerks- just the out-of-area-code people who frequent it on the weekends.

It fits the neighbourhood quite well, it's true. Taller than its immediate surroundings, but not too tall as to be overbearing. A blend of modernist plus patterned brick at the bottom floor in sympathy to the adjacent storefronts.

965912859_7919df6dc1_b.jpg

Does anyone else think that the residential portion of the building looks incomplete? It appears to be lacking a proper facade. I think it needs some corner pillars or something. Is it just me?

Overall I am very fond of this project both in terms of the quality of the design and its contextual fit for the area.

I think the pedestals need some piss elegant finials like concrete pineapples or acorns

Back