News   Mar 28, 2024
 466     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 782     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edward Keenan ‏@thekeenanwire 4m4 minutes ago
John Wright of Ipsos just said on Newstalk that they aren't releasing a poll tonight, but they also have Tory at a 14-point lead.

I wonder if the Fords have any Hail Mary tricks left up their sleeves.

For as much flack as Forum gets, their last poll in the 2010 municipal election was fairly accurate:

Ford: 44
Joe P.: 16
Smitherman: 38

Hopefully we're rid of Dougie for good.

For as much flack as Forum gets, their last poll in the 2010 municipal election was fairly accurate:

Ford: 44
Joe P.: 16
Smitherman: 38

Hopefully we're rid of Dougie for good.

I hope for the same thing, but I'm hedging my bet on Doug, since his word is worthless IMO. If all 3 Fords gets shut out of public office, Doug is Chicago bound pronto. If Doug wins, which isn't likely but say he did. He'd probably be a dead beat weekend merryl at best. After deputizing Rob as deputy dawg merryl even. If Rob wins, Mikey loses, Doug staying around I'd say is at best 50/50. Rob loses, Mikey wins, 90 leaving 10 staying. And by staying I mean the same way his attendance record as councilor. Easy side bet, if Rob wins, Doug will act as co-councilor. If Mikey wins, Doug is also co-school trustee.

I hope for the same thing, but I'm hedging my bet on Doug, since his word is worthless IMO. If all 3 Fords gets shut out of public office, Doug is Chicago bound pronto. If Doug wins, which isn't likely but say he did. He'd probably be a dead beat weekend merryl at best. After deputizing Rob as deputy dawg merryl even. If Rob wins, Mikey loses, Doug staying around I'd say is at best 50/50. Rob loses, Mikey wins, 90 leaving 10 staying. And by staying I mean the same way his attendance record as councilor. Easy side bet, if Rob wins, Doug will act as co-councilor. If Mikey wins, Doug is also co-school trustee.

Ya, if Rob wins and Doug loses, maybe he works out of Rob's office and dedicates himself to making Tory's life difficult. I hear the Fords legitimately despise Tory now. Anyone know why?

Ya, if Rob wins and Doug loses, maybe he works out of Rob's office and dedicates himself to making Tory's life difficult.
Chemo Rob in council is going to make himself a huge distraction. Some days I wish Domise had volunteers standing outside every polling station in Ward 2 warning voters against making the wrong choice.
Jimmi T said:
I hear the Fords legitimately despise Tory now. Anyone know why?

Do they need a reason? Does it matter? I only wish Doug had been at the Regent Park debate so I could have got on their Enemies List too.

Neil Flagg and his nutso followers are now boycotting the Sun over their Tory endorsement. If the Post follows suit what will they read?

The Sun has an article on the Folks guy and his picture with Doug:

“I would never mock him,” insisted Dunbar. “In fact, Ford Nation supporters from the get go have been smart enough to identify that I’m a true supporter of Doug Ford.”
He went to meet Ford on the campaign trail at a plaza at Bathurst St. and Sheppard Ave. on Sunday.
“He was lucky enough to get a photo with me and we were able to make that photo viral and hopefully that will increase his support at the polls,” Dunbar said.
“He’s really standing up against the other candidates who want to hold hands and sing Kumbaya on an LRT on a ripped-up road while on the way to a church picnic in Timbuktu.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/21/man-with-folks-election-sign-denies-mocking-ford

funny you should ask...
from twitter:
New Forum poll has John Tory with a commanding 14-point lead: Tory 43%, Ford 29%, Chow 25%.
Now that Forum finally matches all the other pollsters, and shows that Doug Ford can't penetrate that ceiling, perhaps we can end all this I prefer Chow, but I'll vote Tory silliness!

Not that I think Chow has a chance at this point either ... but it would be really nice to see Ford finish 3rd - it sends a huge message. And it's quite possible given I think Chow and Tory support is more likely to vote than Ford support based on the advanced polls.

Speaking of advanced polls - I was called by Forum on this on Monday. They were asking those who had voted in the advanced poll, who they voted for. Did they release this information?

Last edited:
Ya, if Rob wins and Doug loses, maybe he works out of Rob's office and dedicates himself to making Tory's life difficult. I hear the Fords legitimately despise Tory now. Anyone know why?

Because Tory is a latte sipping communist in bed with unions and the Provincial liberals?

Seriously it is because they know they are done and can't deal with the fact that another conservative will bury them.

Ya, if Rob wins and Doug loses, maybe he works out of Rob's office and dedicates himself to making Tory's life difficult.

The council handbook doesn't allow the hiring of siblings to work a councillor office. I'm sure the Fords have read it, right?

I can definitely see that, or at least Doug trying that shenanigan.

I hear the Fords legitimately despise Tory now. Anyone know why?

Maybe a sense of betrayal? Maybe Ford legitimately thought people should be forever, unquestioningly loyal to House Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back