3.1K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot confirm until I speak to him. Let me assure you that every stop is a campaign stop. including other event he has gone to all weekend. is there a problem with Muzik? I am sure the people who go there vote as well. Do you have a problem with with Muzik or people who go there? Should the Mayor not go to Muzik?

Doug Ford to Jenny Yeun, page 55, File 2 jan. 12, 2014. Shocking, I know, but what an asshole.

Sounds like it's time for Doug to face the Muzik.

So, how long until Rob and/or Doug are brought before a judge on this COI stuff?

ETA: From what Daniel Dale posted on Twitter, it appears Doug was using his Deco e-mail (DougFJ@decolabels.com) during this exchange.

Last edited:
C'mon, guys, Jude is obviously working hard on something for the benefit of us all. Which, as far as I can tell, is more than the rest of us are doing, including myself. We're sitting around venting on UT. She is clearly trying to take action. She doesn't deserve any criticism for not getting it done fast enough, while the rest of us sit on our butts complaining.

Thank you, Jude, for working hard on whatever it is you're exploring.

This.

And any time that is time enough to have an impact on the election will be a good time indeed.

He would have come across as patronizing and pompous except he just sounded flat-out tired of the whole charade.

It's tiring work being patronizing and pompous non-stop (and talking over every single question from about half-way through the question), but I think that Doug managed to pull it off.

OK, Jude, many thanks for doing this. I assume your timing expectations were thrown off by something outside your control, hence the unfortunate stretching of "imminent" and the uneventful "today" yesterday.

If your lawyer is not working pro bono and you need help, please let the forum know.

Definitely Worth the wait. And I agree - let us go and help you in any way you need!!! And I just caught ONE email to a reporter from the FOI and I am already feeling that this is gonna be a pretty stressful weekend as Rob and Doug yell at each other about what to do now. Definitely a scene worthy of the Ford movie.

Definitely Worth the wait. And I agree - let us go and help you in any way you need!!! And I just caught ONE email to a reporter from the FOI and I am already feeling that this is gonna be a pretty stressful weekend as Rob and Doug yell at each other about what to do now. Definitely a scene worthy of the Ford movie.

Doug can't yell at Rob. He has cancer!

Jude MacDonald ‏@judemacdonald 52m52 minutes ago
I am unable to comment or confirm anything right now. I would like to thank the Globe for its diligence & professionalism. (That's sarcasm.)

Hmm... did the Globe jump the gun on the story or report something inaccurate?

Doug was dreadful. Mowed through Matt's questions with an unstoppable droning of talking points from 2010, much retelling of Ford fables going back to the fictitious $744m opening budget pressure, all bound up with flat-out lies (work 18 hours a day every day, love the people of this city, "shook hands with" the father of the autistic teen, rescued the city budget from the brink). He would have come across as patronizing and pompous except he just sounded flat-out tired of the whole charade.

This is awesome.

http://www.torontolife.com/informer...ay-single-true-thing-metro-morning-interivew/

Doug Ford basically doesn’t say a single true thing during his Metro Morning interview
This morning’s interview with Doug Ford on CBC’s Metro Morning was an amazing demonstration of the mayoral candidate’s ability to bluster. Under withering questioning from host Matt Galloway, Ford not only refused to engage with reality, but actually substituted his own alternate-universe take. At one point, Galloway confronted Ford with the fact that his city council attendance record is among the worst (which is absolutely true). “I was in the chamber,†Ford replied. “I had one of the best attendance records for showing up, being there.†Asked about his consistently inaccurate claims about the city budget, Ford accused Galloway of being ignorant of the city’s finances, which are public knowledge. “I’ve never had an interview that someone’s been so disingenuous to me in my life,†Ford said, disingenuously.

It does not seem too big anymore, although it was great to here Dougie get his ass handed to him, Dougie kept bating Matt but he kept cool and kept hammering Dougie with the questions. 47% vote record and could not explain what is the difference between a a cut and an efficiency.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...uestionable_things_on_cbcs_metro_morning.html

As for the serving of papers, well, that is huge, it explains the comments from Goldkin about Doug knowing everything about defence layers, and the withering look and such from Dougie.

AriGoldkind 12:38pm via Twitter for Android
I'm very pleased to announce that I'll be debating @oliviachow @johntoryTO & @DougFord2014 on Sunday at 7pm @UJAFederation.

Darn, Doug always has to wash his hair and/or meet with his lawyer on Sunday evenings.

I feel I owe you an apology, Scarberian. Although I've never lived anywhere other than Wards 4 and 13, I got to know Scarborough pretty well through my work. Not as well as you of course, but I saw some nice places and met a lot of nice people there.

You don't have to apologize, you didn't do anything wrong.

They say politics is local. I agree with that.

IIRC, I read that something like ten times the number of people voted for Rob Ford, as voted PM Harper. Does that make sense? [

Yes. I think Doolitle's "Crazy Town" was on to something in when she explored some of the possible factors around the rise of Rofo 2010.

This election has brought out the worst in people. After all that Rob has put this city through, I find it amazing that Doug is doing so well in his ( almost literally last minute ) mayoral campaign.

Shame that a good guy like Soks who was in almost from the beginning had to drop out.

It is worrying to me that Doug is still getting more than single digits % in the city, but let's see how much of this new COI and Deco, and this latest FOI will stick\play out*. I wonder if Doug sometimes knows he's outright being "factually inaccurate" and he's actually right about "it's not about the truth". I think Doug knows it's actually about power. If Doug says the sky is tartan plaid, you will say "yes, sir, it is". Because Doug is the CEO, councilor, co-merryl, merryl candidate, a Ford bloodline, and he can kick your scrawny little ass.

*Thanks Jude, "conflict of interest + Deco" may be the magic words needed to really scrutinize this whole "I never took a dime from the city" Fordian myth. Well here's hoping anyway. If Doug can successfully distract the media with promises of magicians this time, I''ll get some tinfoil suit to go with the hat.

From Soks FOI, the mayor didn't use his computer. Damn, am I ever surprised!

"Note that our FOI did not ultimately target the Mayor’s own records because city staff informed us that the Mayor did not use his email account or government computers, so no records would be available in any event."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back