News   May 21, 2024
 27     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 3.1K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.2K     3 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

One Love Vegetarian/Caribbean will be opening up a another restaurant on Queen St West, between University and Duncan, in the former The Healthy Greek spot

One Love Vegetarian/Caribbean will be opening up a another restaurant on Queen St West, between University and Duncan, in the former The Healthy Greek spot

Is it actually the same people that run One Love on Bathurst? That would be awesome, but the sign that's up in the window of Queen doesn't really match the look of the signage on Bathurst.

I don't know for sure, as I just briefly saw the sign as I rode by it on my bike, but I just assumed so with the name...

I don't know for sure, as I just briefly saw the sign as I rode by it on my bike, but I just assumed so with the name...

BlogTO said in passing yesterday in their 'food news' roundup thingy that they're not related. Pity. Mystery solved, though!

are any trademarks being breached with the new restaurant with an almost exact name/cuisine?

KFC Select is now KFC Fresh. I wonder how Fresh (the vegetarian place) and Freshii feel about that...

10540343_902386909791626_1245590890_n.jpg

Attachments

• 10540343_902386909791626_1245590890_n.jpg
    10540343_902386909791626_1245590890_n.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 643
I guess KFC can hire enough lawyers if they have to...don't know about the One Love vs 1 Love restaurants

speaking of which, passed by the upcoming 1 Love place on Queen W again...the sign listed Carribean, but NOT vegetarian..

I guess KFC can hire enough lawyers if they have to...don't know about the One Love vs 1 Love restaurants

speaking of which, passed by the upcoming 1 Love place on Queen W again...the sign listed Carribean, but NOT vegetarian..

I suppose the logo might be good enough to differentiate and the fact that they're technically KFC fresh and Freshii is Freshii, but they both more or less serve the same kind of thing, I assume (salads, wraps, etc...).

The Works at Jones and Danforth is out of business. Last day was July 19. Guess they couldn't compete with Square Boy across the street.

The Works at Jones and Danforth is out of business. Last day was July 19. Guess they couldn't compete with Square Boy across the street.

When I saw that place open, I thought "what are you doing opening across from Square Boy? That's a battle you won't win."

The Works is way too gimmicky and feels more apt in the suburbs and small(er) town Ontario where they do seem to be doing well.

The Works was too expensive for a burger joint. Calling it a "Gourmet Burger Bistro" was gimmicky. There was absolutely nothing gourmet about the burgers. especially for that price.

Last edited:
The Works is way too gimmicky and feels more apt in the suburbs and small(er) town Ontario where they do seem to be doing well.

The one at Church & Wellington near the St. Lawrence Market looks like it dropped out of the early 1990's, in terms of decor. I've always vaguely felt I should try them once but I've never gotten around to it: so many burgers, so little time. I think that location might survive though, lots of tourists around and all the restaurants are always busy regardless of quality.

Back