424     1 
News   May 06, 2024
 1K     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 653     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if I see a dramatic arrest. Ford is rich, Ford is privileged. He'll probably be given a heads up if he's told that the jig is finally up and an arrest warrant is issued. Maybe he'll quietly turn himself in before the public is aware of the arrest, get processed, make bail as quickly as possible, and continue being mayor. A trial won't happen for awhile so he'll just continue as if nothing has happened.

This would seem, to me, to be the most likely way that it would happen.

So this afternoon at city council, during the executive committee meeting on the tripartite agreement, a very bored and pissed-off-looking Robbie decided to have some 'fun' with Pam McConnell. It followed the exchange mentioned upthread after Rob had yelled at her for trying to make a point of order. Someone (was it Perks?) said , be careful, he'll knock you over. Rob then ambled over towards where she sat, leered over the edge with that shit-eating grin on his chops, and must have said something to her. She got up quickly, waved him away, said something like, "I was at the chiropractor this morning", and left chambers very quickly and very upset. Perks gave her a hug. Robbie then waddled back to his seat smirking.

Did anyone capture any footage of this event? It should be posted to Youtube and twitter as an anti-bullying message.

So this afternoon at city council, during the executive committee meeting on the tripartite agreement, a very bored and pissed-off-looking Robbie decided to have some 'fun' with Pam McConnell. It followed the exchange mentioned upthread after Rob had yelled at her for trying to make a point of order. Someone (was it Perks?) said , be careful, he'll knock you over. Rob then ambled over towards where she sat, leered over the edge with that shit-eating grin on his chops, and must have said something to her. She got up quickly, waved him away, said something like, "I was at the chiropractor this morning", and left chambers very quickly and very upset. Perks gave her a hug. Robbie then waddled back to his seat smirking.

Any smidge of pity I may ever have had for this pathetic man-child is replaced by fury when I see how he continues to bully and intimidate people in these casual moments. It's enough he ran her over last November, yet he's still using that assault to amuse himself. I will dance in NPS when he is arrested or even better, drops dead.

And by the way, Robbie was reading the sports section of the Sun this morning.

I wonder if she could file a complaint over something like that? Expect his behaviour to become much worse as he unravels. Don't you think that maybe he's finally realizing that he can't win and becoming unglued? He's always had this in him, but his inappropriate behaviour and weirdness is x 10 this past week.

Any smidge of pity I may ever have had for this pathetic man-child is replaced by fury when I see how he continues to bully and intimidate people in these casual moments. It's enough he ran her over last November, yet he's still using that assault to amuse himself. I will dance in NPS when he is arrested or even better, drops dead.

What can you say ... Rob Ford is an inhumane piece of shit.

I'd assume he is taking cocaine again. Could make for an interesting debate tomorrow ... though I'd guess that he'd simply walk out, and it won't be that exciting.

And by the way, Robbie was reading the sports section of the Sun this morning.

Did they have the new Hall Monitor - excuse me, Sergeant-at-Arms - on duty?

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I see a dramatic arrest. Ford is rich, Ford is privileged. He'll probably be given a heads up if he's told that the jig is finally up and an arrest warrant is issued. Maybe he'll quietly turn himself in before the public is aware of the arrest, get processed, make bail as quickly as possible, and continue being mayor. A trial won't happen for awhile so he'll just continue as if nothing has happened. I don't think he's worried about being sent off to prison. Randy Ford has been arrested 17 times, I don't believe he has done any time, has he?

Yeah, that sounds like what SHOULD happen but I don't get the sense he has the brains to go through with that; nor does Dennis Morris for that matter.

I doubt the police, at this point, are inclined to do him the favour of a fast arraignment so he's out on bail before you even know it. He hasn't quite earned that sort of discretion on their part. Indeed, it's hard to imagine that Bill Blair, Giroux et. al wouldn't do everything in their power to ensure he gets a dramatic perp walk we can all enjoy for years to come.

Oh, I'm sure they'll offer him the opportunity but, really, have you been watching him? You think the man who barreled through reporters last week is averse to a little drama? How does a quiet arrest play into his bid for a new career as a reality TV star? It sounds a bit like I'm jesting but, sincerely, I don't see:
a) The police giving him more than a courtesy notice and request to come in
b) A refusal to come in both because he's an obstinate fool, because he probably still thinks he can outwit them and/or he knows he can perpetuate his victim image by getting dragged away by these horrible, biased, political police officers who are only doing what they're doing because Daniel Dale and Jackson Proskow told John Tory to tell Andy Pringle to tell Bill Blair to tell Giroux to do so. No, if I'm Giroux, doing my job, getting slandered by this guy, I want him in cuffs on CNN.

i'll join you

hey, who were those people that organized that protest in the square? they had a web site too

can we ask them to organize a dance?

no, i'm serious

a dance

yes, I will join in a celebration dance too when he is arrested. There should be a huge party for this.

Yea but again, you're speculating in a completely idiosyncratic and subjective way.

You've mindbendingly speculated that:

“Birds, especially "little birds" is a reference to "children" or the young, especially those with a low IQ or immature.â€
"Like this is fucked" is also easy, today we would use terms like FUBAR. There is a situation that is becoming, or is out of control.
"Daddy" traditionally denotes a "father figure" or someone who is in charge of the present situations, or someone who is in an ownership. "Daddy" can also be seen used like "dude", but if it is a salutation then the former would apply.

You’ve also postulated that the speech in the murder rant is:

“Similar to Jive from the 20's through to the late 40'sâ€

I’m sorry but the idea that Rob Ford is influenced by African-American city slang from the early 20th century is about as believable as saying you think Rob Ford reads Allen Ginsberg in a zoot suit.

Anyway the point is, you find these ideas interesting. Fine, have at it. I actually find them interesting too. But don’t harshly dismiss the posts of other people who are genuinely making an effort to contribute to the thread in ways that they (and others) find interesting.

As for “tool bag� Right.

You are quite confrontational, aren't you. Oh well, no matter, I gave my opinion, if you don't agree then that's your prerogative, although if you continue, you might give the appearance of bullying.

Anyway, this topic is about Rob Ford's Toronto, and its nuances...

Thanks for posting this here! They deleted my original at the Sun. I'm going to repost now...

you're most welcome! it was a good one. the RastaRob Vibration image is one of my favourite memes coming out of this insane situation as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back