News   May 27, 2024
 627     1 
News   May 27, 2024
 4K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things I learned today:

- Anthony Smith was a revenge killing, not associated with the video, though the same actors are involved which has led to justified speculation.

- Most of the TPS, including the Chief of Police were kept in the dark about Brazen 2 -- only briefed at key checkpoints. Giroux's team have had unusual autonomy to minimize conflict of interest. This is the mechanism by which the TPS avoided having the OPP take over.

- Brazen 2 is about to wrap up. The TPS source is growing skeptical that Ford will be charged since he hasn't been yet but agrees that police didn't bust him when they had the opportunity because they're on to something bigger. The source allows for the possibility that they're waiting on a key piece of evidence. If that doesn't pan out, the source agrees that the optics are going to be terrible and the operation will have been a failure given the minor charges laid via a vis the resources expended and the inevitable public opinion hit.

- Charges against Ford rely heavily on Lisi's case going to trial. The source believes that Lisi will take a plea bargain or plead guilty outright to avoid a trial. The source doesn't have insight into Lisi's council but like me understands that he can't afford the legal team defending him and so isn't the one calling the shots on his own defence.

- Rob Ford is Buster Keaton
[video=youtube_share;zsyRhRR5Iu4]http://youtu.be/zsyRhRR5Iu4[/video]

Smith and co. staged a theft of guns from the perps.

Yep:
image.jpg

This TPS source has been solid. It puts everything else they've told me into perspective.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 616
Hotmail LLB on CP24....where did this guy get his degree?

-Alleged gang members talking about Ford proves nothing; produce evidence of FORD on a tape. It's hearsay! (I forget, do we know if there was a tap on Ford during Brazen 2?)
-It was the most microscopic investigation in police history. How much did this cost?! (He shares his client's talent for hyperbole.)

Mostly, I just find it amusing that the Ford's longtime family lawyer is, by Ford's own admission, "The best criminal lawyer in Canada." Nothing weird about that.

EDIT: to add that Morris concluded by saying this happened, "way back in April," and now Rob is going to the gym and you should see how great he's doing. Seriously, what a maroon.

Hotmail LLB on CP24....where did this guy get his degree?

-Alleged gang members talking about Ford proves nothing; produce evidence of FORD on a tape. It's hearsay! (I forget, do we know if there was a tap on Ford during Brazen 2?)
-It was the most microscopic investigation in police history. How much did this cost?! (He shares his client's talent for hyperbole.)

Mostly, I just find it amusing that the Ford's longtime family lawyer is, by Ford's own admission, "The best criminal lawyer in Canada." Nothing weird about that.

EDIT: to add that Morris concluded by saying this happened, "way back in April," and now Rob is going to the gym and you should see how great he's doing. Seriously, what a maroon.

LeDrew spoke with Doug earlier, the past is the past, Rob is a new man, they are moving forward. Right into a brick wall, fucking idiots.

That's pretty much the case, IMO. It's one thing for Ford to say "Gotta get that video, whatever it takes" and quite another "go beat the crap out of these people until they give up the video." And that's assuming Rob said anything at all. It seems pretty clear that the police don't have direct evidence of Rob directing anybody to do anything illegal. And personally, I doubt he did. That would require planning, and if there's one we know about the mayor, it's that he's not bright enough to come up with a plan and follow through on it.

But even if Rob's actions don't meet legal tests of criminality, it's pretty clear that he shares in the moral responsibility for the violence surrounding this sorry state of affairs. The man is bankrupt.

Very well said!

Same reason you would send a staffer to buy vodka for you, I suppose. Word at my local LCBO was that he stopped coming by shortly after the Gawker/Star story, (apparently he was frequently at the location on Dundas at Jane), and we know he's been tanked since then. Lisi and Ford also left a vodka bottle behind after one of their meetings (best/worst ad for Iceburg Vodka ever). So, pot and booze.

I wonder if Renata's had a go at him for that: 'You make good money, we have more than enough Wyborowa at home ... and still you have to go and drink that swill in the woods!'

LeDrew spoke with Doug earlier, the past is the past, Rob is a new man, they are moving forward. Right into a brick wall, fucking idiots.

Ya, Heroin, crack, cocaine, marijuana, and alcohol use doesn't just disappear with wave of a wand.

No doubt he still indulges.

He does seem to have someone doing makeup for him regularly now. Is that part of his new drivers job? lol

Hezza is heroin. It seems to me that they were pretty clear about that. It's not like they made up a new 'H' word for heroin and we have to guess what it really is that they are referring to... this one is cut and dried.

Dugga may not be heroin. A similar word, dagga, is South African slang for weed.

Yeah, dugga is ganj and hezza is smack.

Is Douglas still talking? Fuck me, someone needs to run him over whilst "in a drunken stupor".

As for Hotmail LLB....is this joke a real lawyer or is he like one of those spongy alligators of my childhood where you throw it in water and it "grows"? He needs to stfu as well.

And can someone please get LeDrew off telly? He's rubbish. He certainly isn't a journalist. Besides, his tongue is so far up the collective Ford arse he may as well be talking for them.

I wonder if there's a separate warrant for Lisi's second arrest? The extortion one. Or more information not in the released ITO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back