Toronto Cinema Tower | 142.64m | 43s | Daniels | Kirkor Architects

July 21

I thought that the photo looked better in B&W, with flare and all

IMG_1152-001.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1152-001.jpg
    IMG_1152-001.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,057
Is the parking lot to the immediate West going to become a public plaza as the renders would suggest? Currently it's a bit of a beat-up eyesore that puts a bit of a dent in the street-wall forming here.

Is the parking lot to the immediate West going to become a public plaza as the renders would suggest? Currently it's a bit of a beat-up eyesore that puts a bit of a dent in the street-wall forming here.

Of course not. Look forward to another condo in a few years. I heard the lot was assembled by Great Lands Corp.

Honestly I like this one ! Its not a simple box, lets at least give some credit where its due ? ... or not ... :)

The rendering is at such an acute angle that it's unclear whether or not a "swoop" was intended for the roof. The only thing that is certain in the rendering is that the roof follows the curve of the balcony line… which it does on the building.

I walk by this tower daily, I think the tower portion of it is actually quite nice, and probably one of the nicer towers to have gone up in that area.

Where this building fails to me is at the grade - it has no relationship to any buildings on the site of the surrounding context, the materials look cheap and myself, as well as anyone (regardless if they are in planning/architecture/design) allude to the fact it feels as if the base belongs at an amusement park.

Evening using the same built-form and massing, had they used red-brick, a more elegant black overhand at the entrance (something warehouse inspired) and brought the public art element to the faux-plaza on Adelaide this building could be a winner. In fact I would love to see someone photoshop the base using better materials.

Could someone post a closeup photo of the entrance canopy.
From MafaldaBoy's photos It looks really thick and wierd, almost like a cross section of a meat lasagna or some fake prop from Canada's Wonderland.

Last edited:

Back