Toronto Library District Condominiums + Toronto's 99th Library | ?m | 29s | Context Development | KPMB

28 July 2013: Looks a bit cheesy from afar:
d34c.jpg

August 4

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0153.jpg
    IMG_0153.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,192
  • IMG_0194.jpg
    IMG_0194.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,221
  • IMG_0195.jpg
    IMG_0195.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,209
  • IMG_0196.jpg
    IMG_0196.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,214
  • IMG_0197.jpg
    IMG_0197.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 1,201
  • IMG_0199.jpg
    IMG_0199.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,190
  • IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,217
Any idea when this intersection will open up to Bathurst? Thought it was supposed to happen in the spring...

I do not have any specific information - but I suspect there may be at least a couple of factors for the delay. Fort York Boulevard is not at the same grade as Bathurst where they would intersect - so there is some material road work still to be done. With all the other areas currently under construction (Spadina / Queen's Quai / Strachan) or closed (Dufferin at the railway overpass), it would be reasonable to delay any work on Bathurst until at least some of the other works have been completed. Secondly, the part of Fort York Boulevard immediately east of Bathurst has been at least partially enclosed for construction staging for the Library District condominium and Toronto Public Library buildings.

I do not have any specific information - but I suspect there may be at least a couple of factors for the delay. Fort York Boulevard is not at the same grade as Bathurst where they would intersect - so there is some material road work still to be done. With all the other areas currently under construction (Spadina / Queen's Quai / Strachan) or closed (Dufferin at the railway overpass), it would be reasonable to delay any work on Bathurst until at least some of the other works have been completed. Secondly, the part of Fort York Boulevard immediately east of Bathurst has been at least partially enclosed for construction staging for the Library District condominium and Toronto Public Library buildings.

The last time I saw Adam Vaughan, he mentioned that it would be opening in weeks. This was about 2 weeks ago. They are rushing to get it open now.

For a window-wall tower, this isn't bad at all! And the colour is a welcome addition to the area's palette, without a doubt. There's a few really simple but solid design ideas at work here... so thank you, KPMB!

Back