Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I think it now on the 59th floor (would have been 56 if they had not added the extra 3 in the 30s)

It doesn't say anywhere in that article that Aura is on the 56th floor. It mentions the 56th floor and nothing more. Plus that is an 8 month old article so I doubt you read through it, let alone getting past the date.

lol what's your problem, I read the article, you obviously didn't, it says "78 storeys offers outdoor spaces and terraces up to and inclusive of the 56th floor . After this floor, there is no outdoor space due to the extreme height of the condos". considering everyone thinks the current floor is where the last terrace will be, that would put it at 56 stories. since the height increase was announced 15 months ago I don't see how that changes anything. it is a blog though so it could easily be wrong, that's why I wouldn't say it's 56 stories for certain, I think BrianSolo is correct when he said it is now 59 stories, judging from the aura website which divides the 59-75 floors as being separate. if you plug that into the equation you get a maximum height of 188 m.

Last edited:
you're right, aura is now about 56 floors tall according to this: http://yongeandgerrardcondos.blogspot.ca/2012/09/terraces-and-balconies-on-aura-at.html , which would mean 22 floors plus a pretty high, maybe 6 story mechanical. I was basing my guess off the render on skyscraperpage.com which must be inaccurate.

If it really is 56 stories right now and every floor were the same height, the building would be about 181m right now. since i think the upper floors are a little taller than the lower ones it is likely a bit less than 181 m.

math proof: 56/(78 + 6 story mechanical) = .666666

and .66666 x 272 = 181.3333

I don't mean to rant but I just saw this http://www.collegeparkcondos.com/pdf/penthouse_floorplans/79th-floor.pdf, which would suggest 79 stories? which would change the math a bit to make aura now a bit less than 179 m, pretty close to my original estimate and the skyscraperpage.com render

Your pretty correct. I was gonna say aura is almost 180ms currently.

I read the article, you obviously didn't, it says "78 storeys offers outdoor spaces and terraces up to and inclusive of the 56th floor . After this floor, there is no outdoor space due to the extreme height of the condos". considering everyone thinks the current floor is where the last terrace will be, that would put it at 56 stories.

See, I thought that you misread an outdated article as saying it was currently at 56 stories, instead of basing your statement on the terraces. BrianSolo is right, give or take a floor (not sure if they have a 13 or not).

lol what's your problem

Coming from the guy that angrily proclaimed he was quitting UT? No point in biting that worm.

Every building over 12 floors contains a 13 th floor. its really sad that people actually believe that calling a thirteenth floor 12 a 12 b or 14 a 14 b suddently changes the physical floor to be another when its still 13th.
idiotic superstitions.

Coming from the guy that angrily proclaimed he was quitting UT? No point in biting that worm.

you're right that was stupid of me, I realized you can block people's posts (like Adma and SP!RE) so I came back. you basically run UT so I will never block you, you can call me an a hole or question my intelligence as much as you want. just keep the amazing photos coming!

Last edited by a moderator:
4h3xa8S.jpg

Here's my logic when counting Aura floors. The floor with the huge terraces on top of the podium is the 14th floor (advertized by Aura). The light-coloured band 1 floor above that is at the top of the 15th floor. Some MidTowner's pics show this very well. There's the same light-coloured band at the top of every 5th floor above that. Easy to count to the west indent (49th floor) The 1st indented floor is floor 50. That's my counting method. Take it or leave it for what it's worth! :)

Great Pictures. Construction appears to be stuck at 59th floor. I was told by the front office that this was because of strike by some Elevator/Lift Employees Union.

Last edited:
I keep seeing employees of that same union demonstrating on Eastern. They've been at it since the beginning of the week, I think. Must have their offices somewhere along there.

Back