News   May 02, 2024
 356     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 212     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 223     0 

G-20 Summit in Toronto

I would say that being dressed in black and wearing backpacks is sufficient ground for detention when people dressed in black and wearing backpacks were recently observed committing crimes.

You might think that being dressed in black and wearing a backpack is sufficient grounds for arresting someone and detaining them (in deplorable conditions) for 24 hours but I am sure that no court of law would consider that simply wearing this attire is sufficient grounds for making an arrest. That is like saying this weekend it would be OK as a proactive measure for Police to make wholesale arrests of 100's of young black men wearing baggy pants because there are men fitting that description committing crimes.

It is ironic that cops were arresting people simply because they dressed like "black block" when in fact untold numbers of undercover cops were dressed in black black garb during the G20 as caught on video (see below YouTube links). Probably the main reason Blair had his riot officers stand-down on Saturday when vandals went on a rampage. He couldn't risk having his own undercover officers being arrested for incitement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QD3C7cgpW4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbLU9tdDwxo

Last edited:
My point is why should we have to pony up $1.4 million to these losers? Did did everything they could to get detained.

My point is why should we have to pony up $1.4 million to these losers? Did did everything they could to get detained.

We have no way of knowing whether or not they wanted to get detained. What we do know is that there was no legal reason to detain them.

Ideally this should have been dealt with two years ago with charges against the officers under the police act however Bill Blair has protected his rogue officers from any form of punishment (it would be up to the OIPRD to step in and do Blairs job!).

Accordingly, the last and only recourse for this group of illegally detained is to take civil action against the Police Services. I doubt that they will get anywhere near $1.4 Million but a large award will send a message to the police service board that there is a cost for letting Bill Blair and his rogue officers run out of control. Just the legal cost of defending the Police service in court will be in the $100,000's!

The thing about protest groupies complaining about getting arrested is that, for them, getting arrested is the goal. They treasure the photograph of themselves getting dragged off by the police the way others cherish the photograph of themselves crossing the marathon finish line with their hands over their heads.

Getting arrested is part of the job description of the professional protester. To then sue over it is hypocritical of them.

The thing about protest groupies complaining about getting arrested is that, for them, getting arrested is the goal. They treasure the photograph of themselves getting dragged off by the police the way others cherish the photograph of themselves crossing the marathon finish line with their hands over their heads.

Getting arrested is part of the job description of the professional protester. To then sue over it is hypocritical of them.

So you're saying any decent citizen should never protest. Shut up and take what you can get. Whatever the government says goes. People who protest should expect to be arrested. Are all citizens suppose to be zombies?

Where did "hairy legs" and "dykes" come from since it was not in the opening post.

One of the articles I read said that there was proof they were called dykes and mentions of hairy legs.

Last edited:
^ Read my post for what is says, not what you want it to say. I am talking about "professional" protesters. People who define themselves as being outside the system and who protest absolutely everything in the most confrontational way possible. I'm not talking about demonstrators in general. You sound like the kind of person who uses the word "sheeple" a lot.

^ Read my post for what is says, not what you want it to say. I am talking about "professional" protesters. People who define themselves as being outside the system and who protest absolutely everything in the most confrontational way possible. I'm not talking about demonstrators in general. You sound like the kind of person who uses the word "sheeple" a lot.

And you seem to dump everyone with a label. Do you have any proof those females are professional protestors? And does that allow them to be called dykes?

And you seem to dump everyone with a label. Do you have any proof those females are professional protestors? And does that allow them to be called dykes?

The protestors in question had also been at a "Christie Blatchford" protest in 2010 and, I think I can safely assume, other protests. If so it reflects a mindset that rejects everything about the current system - except welfare. To them police represent the system which is why they want the confrontation. And they seek confronatation with police because there is zero risk aside from minor name calling and comments about hairy legs.

Last edited:
And they seek confronatation with police because there is zero risk aside from minor name calling and comments about hairy legs.
Minor name calling? Calling someone a dyke is minor name calling? Surely any piece of garbage capable of such horrendous bigotry shouldn't be given the privilege of being a civil servant.

We ponied up over a billion dollars for boondoggle security. Security that sexually assaulted dozens and illegally detained over 1000. And we are here debating a $1.4 million dollar settlement for protesters that were sexually assaulted???? (let alone calling them losers and deplorably trying to downplay it as a quick ass grab)
This thread sickens me and should be wiped from UT. How do you unsubscribe? I don't want to be updated on this thread at all

We ponied up over a billion dollars for boondoggle security. Security that sexually assaulted dozens and illegally detained over 1000. And we are here debating a $1.4 million dollar settlement for protesters that were sexually assaulted???? (let alone calling them losers and deplorably trying to downplay it as a quick ass grab)
This thread sickens me and should be wiped from UT. How do you unsubscribe? I don't want to be updated on this thread at all

Presumably the world wants leaders to dialogue on the 'big issues', whether its productive is another matter. That is the purpose of G20 meetings. On recent occasions young anarchists have travelled far and wide to trash downtowns. Maybe it would have happened here in Toronto - thankfully we'll never know. That's why we had to 'waste' a few hundred million.

Frankly I'm sickened at all the histrionics over supposed minor insults. Honestly, do you really think any of these girls needs $1.4 million for being called a dyke? Please, its a demonstration, have any police sued the citizenry for being called pigs. And I'm not convinced the Ass Grabs were anyhting other than frisks. If you want to attend an exciting protest dont be such a delicate flower - its hardly Syria.

I dont know how to unsubscribe, why dont you figure that out.

Last edited:
He should definately be disciplined. Termination is an extreme thing impacting family and everything. But sensitivity courses, fine, or suspension would be in order. And termination following any repeat.

Maybe I've been excessive in my comments but I have helped as best I can people who are truly challenged or disadvantaged. People who try to avoid trouble yet still find progress to be terribly difficult. So when I see young protestors now trying to cash in on their excellent adventures it drives me crazy. Have people really lost sight of what true hardship is? I would love to hear one of them describe their plight to a Tamil:

Tamil: "You got a million dollars for being called a name?"
Protester: "Yes, you just need to the right cop on a bad day, and know what buttons to push..."
Tamil: "A.....Million.......Dollars.......???.....Hmmmmmm."
Protester: "Yes, you Tamils are too passive with your lame events outside the US Consulate. Exercise you RIGHTS"

Last edited:

You're right. We shouldn't have to pony up anything. It should come from the police budget, or even better, the officers themselves. As I once read in a comment, doctors must have malpractice insurance, why not police?

Back