News   May 03, 2024
 629     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 410     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 219     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

If the DRL issue is brought to council I could see Rob Ford and other Scarborough councillor saying that the DRL is just another example of the leftist pinko downtown elites stealing transit from Scarborough. For whatever reason many people from Scarborough seem to think that downtowners hate them. The funny thing about that is that the DRL would benefit Scarborough the most as it would give them quick access to the downtown core.

I do hate them. I'd writ emore but I have to bike down to the coffee shop to write my novel on my iPad.

Why did they not have the vote tonight in council? And why then is Matlow tweeting how the vote will go?

A Finch rider is not going to get off the Finch bus, transfer to a bus to travel south, transfer the the subway, and then have to travel back north to continue their trip along Finch. It's just nothing to happen. You guys are making a false assumption a rapid transit is attractive to riders. It's not, if it means a unnecessary transfers.
eg, even if the Sheppard Subway was extended past Don Mills, why would a Finch Rider going past Kennedy use the Sheppard Subway?

Before accusing me of making a false assumption, try to do some sample calculations.

Consider these trips:

1) From somewhere on Finch East, say Warden, to downtown. You can take Finch bus to Yonge (33 min), transfer (5 min), take subway downtown (25 min); total is 63 min. Or you can take Warden bus to Sheppard (8 min), transfer (5 min), take subway to Yonge (15 min), transfer again (5 min), take subway downtown (22 min); total 55 min. It is a noticeable saving.

2) From the same Finch / Warden intersection to York U. You can take Finch bus to Yonge (33 min), transfer (5 min), take LRT to Keele (15 min), transfer again (5 min), take subway to York U (3 min); total is 61 min. Or you can take Warden bus to Sheppard (8 min), transfer (5 min), take subway to Downsview (22 min), transfer again (5 min), take subway to York U (6 min); total 46 min. Again, a substantial saving.

Are you referring to the transit expansion funding vote or the Sheppard subway vote?

Yes. I was watching it on Rogers then needed to go out so I was not sure whether they had voted on Sheopard yet then saw the post on here that the vote will take place tomorrow, Hence my question why did the vote not take place today and why is Matlow tweeting on how the vote will go. Does not make sense.

Yes. I was watching it on Rogers then needed to go out so I was not sure whether they had voted on Sheopard yet then saw the post on here that the vote will take place tomorrow, Hence my question why did the vote not take place today and why is Matlow tweeting on how the vote will go. Does not make sense.

It will happen tomorrow. Ford and his brats used delay tactics so the vote couldn't happen today. This is a whole new low for Ford.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/21/sheppard-subway-debate-to-be-continued

Last edited:
Ford filibustered the debate to today (he is even seen running away from council to the elevators). He still thinks that LRTs are streetcars, despite all the evidence on the contrary.

I think Ford is planning to delay the debate till after the weekend. Council needs to make sure that this doesn't happen again.

Stations are the majority of the tunnel project cost - the tunnel could be left for a long time.

It can't just be left or it will be back to dirt within 20 years. Tunnel. even one without any trains running through it would require frequent inspection and repair.

Back