Toronto Ryerson's Mattamy Athletics Centre + Loblaws at the Gardens | ?m | ?s | Ryerson University | Turner Fleischer

I'm so happy to see the marquee artfully restored to its original (1950's) form:

20111128-mb.jpg

20111130-era2.jpg

via blogTO

slightly off topic (sorry) but a Bulk Barn appears to opening at yonge/carlton in the old Tridel store. More food!

slightly off topic (sorry) but a Bulk Barn appears to opening at yonge/carlton in the old Tridel store. More food!

Please tell me you're joking. Oy vey. A BULK BARN? I thought the Tutti Fruity was bad. They could've put anything there; a restaurant, a take-away, an anything else (except cash advance place or discount luggage store).

Please tell me you're joking. Oy vey. A BULK BARN? I thought the Tutti Fruity was bad. They could've put anything there; a restaurant, a take-away, an anything else (except cash advance place or discount luggage store).

It is going to be their new urban concept so it wont be the same as a typical bulk barn

Yeah, I don't see the concern with a Bulk Barn (other than their generally unfortunate design). A bulk food store will serve the neighbourhood just as well as another restaurant. Hopefully their new "urban format" addresses the generally uninspiring and dull appearance of their regular stores though.

the more i see it.. the new Maple Leaf Gardens is an area changer... people will be flocking in from everywhere and finally this corner will be alive and filled with people!

the more i see it.. the new Maple Leaf Gardens is an area changer... people will be flocking in from everywhere and finally this corner will be alive and filled with people!

Between MLG Loblaws, the sports centre and Bulk Barn this whole strip of Carlton is changing quickly (I like the Bulk Barn so I'm happy to read about that!)

Between MLG Loblaws, the sports centre and Bulk Barn this whole strip of Carlton is changing quickly (I like the Bulk Barn so I'm happy to read about that!)

lol! the bulk barn is kinda random but i'll take it.. anyone know why the Tridel store is closing/what was the Tridel store for anyway???... i'd rather have a Mcdonalds or A&W or something go in there because wasn't the mcdonalds site purchased by a developer?

Back