Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

OMG! Look at that detailing ^^^^^!!!!!!!! Hands down.... Trump Tower = OUR CHRYSLER BUILDING!

steveveveve, I love you and your enthusiasm and your model, but, please, NEVER make that comparison again. If Trump was half as beautiful as the Chrysler Building I would cry tears of joy for this city.

steveveveve, I love you and your enthusiasm and your model, but, please, NEVER make that comparison again. If Trump was half as beautiful as the Chrysler Building I would cry tears of joy for this city.

Ya but its our most comparable building to the chrysler building.... They do remind me of eachother actually...... But by far the chrysler building is superior no doubt.... I understand

Ya but its our most comparable building to the chrysler building.... They do remind me of eachother actually...... But by far the chrysler building is superior no doubt.... I understand

By the same logic, Uptown would be our Rockefeller Center. But we shouldn't compare these buildings to their NY counterparts, it just makes Toronto look bad.

By the same logic, Uptown would be our Rockefeller Center. But we shouldn't compare these buildings to their NY counterparts, it just makes Toronto look bad.

Doesnt it make it look good if anything. Seeing as New York is perhaps the most well-known city in the world and holds the status of the greatest city in the world along with London and Paris. I'd be pretty happy to be compared to them if I were Toronto!

Doesnt it make it look good if anything. Seeing as New York is perhaps the most well-known city in the world and holds the status of the greatest city in the world along with London and Paris. I'd be pretty happy to be compared to them if I were Toronto!

Why would you want Toronto to be compared to another city? Wouldn't you rather it be unique and unlike any other city? I wish Toronto emulated those cities in terms of quality of architecture, infrastructure, but I wouldn't want it to look like any of them.

Why would you want Toronto to be compared to another city? Wouldn't you rather it be unique and unlike any other city? I wish Toronto emulated those cities in terms of quality of architecture, infrastructure, but I wouldn't want it to look like any of them.

My point exactly, Im agreeing with you. We have our own unique version of the Rockefeller Centre, Chrysler, etc.

Well, technically, there is no variance from their original plans. The sign was made part of the plans, and engineering et al was done, but it was never actually approved by the city. Hence, they need to go for a variance now, so that they can get the already designed-for / planned for TRUMP sign, accepted by the city.

Thanks for the info. Makes u think why didn't they get approval in the first place? Hopefully the sign isn't assembled prior to getting any approvals.

This was the sign I was ref'ing to btw:

78da4dc3.jpg

photo by me

Rats. It sucks to have TRUMP written huge on the skyline. I wish they could have some class and only put the sign at street level. Our bank towers set this cheesy precedent for our city though so I shouldn't be surprised.

Actually, since I'm going on about this.. why do most towers in New York have no stupid corporate logo on them (I know some do but most of them don't). Is it the city that doesn't allow them to put it on the most noteworthy buildings or do they just not even try to do it? I wish Toronto would have the guts to ban these horrible signs but I get the feeling city hall would sell the hands of every citizen if it made $50 for them.

Last edited:
Rats. It sucks to have TRUMP written huge on the skyline. I wish they could have some class and only put the sign at street level. Our bank towers set this cheesy precedent for our city though so I shouldn't be surprised.

Actually, since I'm going on about this.. why do most towers in New York have no stupid corporate logo on them (I know some do but most of them don't). Is it the city that doesn't allow them to put it on the most noteworthy buildings or do they just not even try to do it? I wish Toronto would have the guts to ban these horrible signs but I get the feeling city hall would sell the hands of every citizen if it made $50 for them.
Disagree. Not only does New York have plenty of towers with large signs on them, I think they add to the skyline and are a sign of success and prosperity. Buildings with no signs can be filled with smaller tenants or have nothing in them at all, like they're waiting for someone successfult to move in and have enough pride in themselves to put their name up in lights.

^ I kinda like the bank logos; however I think I would like the Trump 'T' logo rather than a Giant illuminated TRUMP sign.
But with Giant Egos comes Giant Signs I suppose lol

Back