Toronto MaRS Centre Phase 2 | 112.77m | 20s | Alexandria | B+H

Great news! Nice to see more lab space being developed... We are sooo short of it even with all the hospitals developing. Having a discovery district is great, creates for an area where resources can be shared amongst many researchers and institutes, creates high quality jobs, and much needed potential for innovation.

From DCN today..they actually might have it right this time.

RESEARCH CENTRE
Proj: 9141031-1
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON
NEGOTIATED/START
MaRS Centre Phase Two, 101 College St, M5G 1L7
$344,000,000 est
Start: August 15, 2011 Complete: September, 2013
Note:
...All sub trades have been secured.
Project:
construction of a 20-storey state-of-the-art convergence centre. This building will contain both labratories and office space. This building is designed to achieve LEED Silver certification.
Scope:
770,000 square feet; 20 storeys; 2 storeys below grade
http://dcnonl.com/top10projects

Fantastic!!!! It must have gone up Thursday, it wasn't there Wednesday when I cycled by.

I wasn't the only one taking pictures, may be some higher quality images later today.
zJPIZ

Jfc4f.jpg

2jIlT.jpg

E4kry.jpg

Hslbj.jpg

I thought someone mentioned that what was previously built would have to be demolished - glad to see that it's not necessary.

I thought someone mentioned that what was previously built would have to be demolished - glad to see that it's not necessary.

I was just gonna mention that. I figured that would have been too silly to be true.

Some renders show a TTC subway station on the corner, others don't show it leading one to believe that it would be in the MaRS lobby. Which one is going ahead?

I personally prefer to integrate station entrances in public buildings' lobby and/or basement freeing up the sidewalk outside.

intense ^^^
I wonder if they've found any homeless people residing there... yes... it's been that long...

i'm still in awe at how long it's been since there was any sorta activity on the site,... one day... it just stopped...

Third crane going up. pics to follow, but it looks to be the same as the other two, and it's positioned on the south east corner of the project.

Back