81     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 254     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 582     0 

Anybody here have a local tailor?

Here's a rather silly forum I glance at now and then:

http://www.styleforum.net/search.php?searchid=6060628

I check in occasionally too. A lot of 'noise'.

Less noise here:

http://www.thesartorialist.blogspot.com/

I finally unwrapped a few Trend shirts that I picked up a couple of years ago.

I was nicely surprised by the chemisiers adding her initials to the back of the collar. What you see here are the back of my shirt collars - 'popped' - this is a print made by a rubber block that Don Lee hand carved. The chemisier takes the block, hand inks it and presses this design onto the panel. Colours vary according to the whim of the chemisier that day.

The chemisier - Joanna - has gone further and put her initials - 'JE' - onto my shirt. In effect she has 'signed' her creation.

A refreshing change; those who go for monograms always of course have their own initials. I prefer my shirts unmonogrammed. The fit and odd details that I ask for are enough to tell the acute observer the shirt is my own commission.

P1010166.jpg

Lovely, simply adorable.

I covet that rakish and slightly sinister tall black shirred beaver hat at the entrance to the ROM's Sigmund Samuel Gallery. Have you seen it? Who does bespoke millinery for men these days?

Lovely, simply adorable.

I covet that rakish and slightly sinister tall black shirred beaver hat at the entrance to the ROM's Sigmund Samuel Gallery. Have you seen it? Who does bespoke millinery for men these days?

No I haven't seen it. My dad in the 50s used to wear one of those Persian lamb jobs you see on the Police Mounted Unit, minus the badge and ribbon of course.

There's The Hatter at 1794 Avenue Road. Never been, but I'm sure you won't want for selection, judging from peeks through the window. Seriously, my internet persona wears many yards of silk wound round my head falling fetchingly down my back but in reality I'm always hatless by choice. So is my old man in his old age.

So much headwear falls into the costume category nowadays; doubly tragic if unintended. To quote Brian Mulroney's comment about Peter C. Newman's choice... "that f*****g fishermans cap".

The short brimmed black fedora worn by Malcom X often sported today by modern Hipsters has tempted me. I've run the concept past my Ryerson fashion trained daughter. Said concept will not become a reality. :)

There was a very smart black vintage penguin suit - with tails - in the St. Lawrence antique market early this morning. Suzanne was asking $95. Too small for me, unfortunately. Ideal for a formal Urban Toronto forum meet.

Back