News   May 21, 2024
 54     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 219     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 3.2K     5 

View from the west - Future Render - Happy Holidays

That a bad boy view and a taste of thing to come. Tip of the hat to you. If you had a photo of what that view looked like 20 years ago, it would show a huge different from today.

We need more height going north of Bloor as well finally building some 1,000+' towers.

Why are we so scare of going to 100 floor plus?

You can see the Republic of Yonge & Eglinton to the left of 44 Eglinton.

67 St Nickolas arrow missing.

Not sure about Lumiere, The Dufferin and Queen area projects, Liberty Village projects.

Thanks for the props.

Here's a draft of the projects key... there's bound to be some errors (think I messed up the entertainment district projects a bit) but this is good start. If you see errors/typos please let me know.

TorLife-buildingkey.jpg

This is a fantastic key to the previous picture, but I believe your math is off on some of the feet conversions for the meters listed.

For example. Ritz-Carlton at 213.6 meters should be 700.8 feet. That is if you take a meter to be equal to 3.281 feet.

There are others as well. Such as 199 Richmond Street west listed as 505 feet but 218 meters. Yikes!

Additionally, you have a render for the Signature Tower at City Place plus an arrow but not even a question mark for its estimated height.

I've repaired some of the errors on the building key on the previous page (you may have to refresh your browser).

I've left 199 Richmond West as is until I can find proper specs. Let me know if you see anything else wrong.

Last edited:
I've repaired some of the errors on the building key on the previous page (you may have to refresh your browser).

I've left 199 Richmond West as is until I can find proper specs. Let me know if you see anything else wrong.

-Murano North and South have the same values?
-Bay Adelaide East listed as 160m = 643 ft but 160m = 525ft approx.?
-199 Richmond (as you mentioned) but the feet don't match the meters?
-Ritz-Carlton feet still don't match meters?

And just because I'm nitpicking...

Visually you have exaggerated the heights of some of your renders such as Four Seasons Hotel and Cumberland Terrace (Which is shown taller than Manulife) or 45 Bay Street which is proposed around 800 feet yet despite it being down the hill from Front Street, you still have it taller than Commerce Court West. I'm guessing you've taken some artistic license.

Keep in mind I LOVE your render and no insult is intended.

Seeing this rendering, it's a shame that 1 Bloor will now inevitably be a shorter building. It truly helps define the skyline by shooting that high up in the north end of downtown.

Remember what the New York skyline looked like with the WTC towers? They always seemed to tower over even the tall Manhattan skyline. And now NYC's skyline, while beautiful, seems to have lost some of it's iconic nature. 1 Bloor at that height has a similar effect. Oh well.

Seeing this rendering, it's a shame that 1 Bloor will now inevitably be a shorter building. It truly helps define the skyline by shooting that high up in the north end of downtown.
Oh well.

Yeah they're a bunch of pussy's when it comes to breaking the supertall barrier, where else in Toronto can you build a 1000 footer, its to bad...kind of a lost opportunity.

Yeah they're a bunch of pussy's when it comes to breaking the supertall barrier, where else in Toronto can you build a 1000 footer, its to bad...kind of a lost opportunity.

It may be the last opportunity to build something that tall and iconic for some time. What a shame if the eventual construction doesn't stand head and shoulders above it's neighbours.

Yes because they are in the business of losing money in order to fulfill your need for a tall building.

The Empire State building was completed during the deepest of the depression and remained mostly empty for several years. I believe they even paid people to go around at night to turn lights on and off, to make the building look occupied. It worked out for New York. So perhaps some builder may have the same faith.

Here's to hoping.

:D

Back