Toronto West Harbour City | ?m | 36s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

27 December 2008 photo update

Impressive in height at least, but it may be yet another dreary beige'n grey precast monstrosity along the waterfront.

DSC00044-2.jpg

The second one is about 8 stories shorter and doesn't have the setbacks, so they will have the same style but will look distinct.

Princing Update

I was in the Sales Office over the weekend to take an initial look at colours for my suite and was chatting with the sales agent. It seems as though even in this economy, prices have increased since the sales office re-opened last summer. A 1427 Square Foot unit with a NW exposure on the 24th Floor of Phase II (with parking and locker) has an asking price of $699,900. Taking off $30,000 for the value of the parking space and the locker, they are asking about $469 per square foot...

Not sure how this compares to other buildings on sale in the area or new construction at CityPlace (Parade, etc.)...

Last August, this unit was on the market for $669,900...

I was on the fence in terms of whether I would move into or sell my unit but am now really leaning towards moving into it when complete. The level of finishing that is standard in this building really puts most other condos in the area to shame. I think this is going to be a great building when it's finished.

Was in the Cityplace Presentation Centre the other day to check out Parade 2 (the circular tower). This is what I got:

1432 sf, 37th floor, SE exposure, $960,800, $671/sf
718 sf, 37th floor, S exposure, $486,800, $678/sf
688 sf, 36th floor, S exposure, $463,300, $673/sf
573 sf, 39th floor, W exposure, $360,600, $629/sf

I was sort of, wtf? If there's a slowdown, it doesn't show (in new construction anyways).

wow, the minto towers at Y&E are really dropping in resale value, you can see them listed on MLSE for prices way lower then what they were going for 1 year ago.

You can get a 1+1 (2 washrooms) aprox 800 sqf for under 400,000 now :)

Was in the Cityplace Presentation Centre the other day to check out Parade 2 (the circular tower). This is what I got:

1432 sf, 37th floor, SE exposure, $960,800, $671/sf
718 sf, 37th floor, S exposure, $486,800, $678/sf
688 sf, 36th floor, S exposure, $463,300, $673/sf
573 sf, 39th floor, W exposure, $360,600, $629/sf

I was sort of, wtf? If there's a slowdown, it doesn't show (in new construction anyways).

Does that include parking and locker? :O

Hello all,

I was hoping to pick all your brains.
I have a unit in phase 1 and was wondering what you all might think it may be worth. The details are below:
-765sq.ft, 1 bedroom + den
-2 full bathrooms
-1 parking spot + locker
-NE exposure on the 8th floor

The den is about the size of 2nd bedrooms in the newer condos.

Also, where do we think the condo market is headed this year, in particular the smaller units? I think with the finish and the right size (under 800sq.ft) they will not go down but if anything, inch up slowly. There are many opinions out there, so I'm up for some more.
Also, do we think phase 1 will be ready November 2009 as they have promised for the 3rd time or might it be delayed again?

Thank you,

Jack

this might be more appropriate for the real estate thread ??

unless you bought it for investment and HAVE TO sell, I would keep it to live in ... WHC is a good looking building with good finishing in a good location, I think it would be a nice place for a residence

while I don't have any expertise in pricing ... I would think if you are in the tower section, your occupancy date of November 2009 is likely achievable, considering the exterior of the tower is substantially completed ... but this does not apply to the 11 storeys midrise section

and if you made your case really well with valid rationale (other than flipping) to Plazacorp, I think Plazacorp would let you reassign (with a fee of course)

Back