Toronto Canoe Landing Park | ?m | ?s | Concord Adex

Pointy red thing is the canoe Solaris mentioned. :rolleyes: haha

Thanks Solaris for the info. It looks pretty recent. Here is a shot (looking west) taken 2 minutes ago for comparison. The canoe's gonna be at the top-left hand part of the park in the photo, on the rectangular hill. I wonder what that oval thing is between the canoe and Fort York Blvd. From the plan, there appears to be a basketball court in the plans. Nice.

Attachments

• PDR_1597.jpg
    PDR_1597.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 384
What will happen with all that dead space in the time between the park's opening and construction of the school and housing complex?

What will happen with all that dead space in the time between the park's opening and construction of the school and housing complex?

Nothing. But I will enjoy the view while I still have it. If the housing complex is anything over 35 storeys, it will block my Gardiner view, which I love at night.

Ugh, the Mississauga thing. Hurontario Street (and the name) is much, much, much older than Mississauga.

I didn't know that. I always liked the name Hurontario.

Just to push things further though, how about the etymology of 'Mississauga'? Is this after a first nations tribe? There is a Fort Mississauga in NOTL and I've also heard of the Massassauga. Anyhow I guess I'm drawn to some of the more indigenous place names. I think they would be a cool thing to commemorate in the park given that they're going with canoes and Canadian icons etc.

I didn't know that. I always liked the name Hurontario.

Just to push things further though, how about the etymology of 'Mississauga'? Is this after a first nations tribe? There is a Fort Mississauga in NOTL and I've also heard of the Massassauga. Anyhow I guess I'm drawn to some of the more indigenous place names. I think they would be a cool thing to commemorate in the park given that they're going with canoes and Canadian icons etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississaugas

hmm could that be old?
I don't notice a hill or anything.
Terry fox run gone or is it still part of the plan.

the hill is still in the plan, it just looks alot smaller in the renders.

i'm positive the terry fox mile will be part of the plan. remember, it's not a track per se, it's a path that weaves through the entire park and adds up to a mile.

I recently picked up a Parade 2 sales brochure which has a very realistic picture of what the park will look like (artist's impression). I wish I could scan it but pages are too large. The park looks very promising. 'Course the trees in the illustrations are already matured.

Last edited:
I recently picked up a Parade 2 sales brochure which has a very realistic picture of what the park will look like (artist's impression). I wish I could scan it but pages are too large. The park looks very promising. Could the trees in the illustrations are already matured.

Just do the ghetto method.

Take a picture of the brochure with your digital camera lol

Back