News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 357     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 926     1 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.) COMPLETE

Found these plans from the http://www.rbccentre.ca/ website ~

The stacking plan shows other than RBC, Fairmont Raffles Hotels (new merger?) are going to have their offices in this tower as well ... although RBC Centre is physically attached to Simcoe Place on the site plan, the ground floor plan shows no grade level connection between the two buildings, I guess the connection will be through the underground concourse level ~

RBC_stacking.jpg

RBC_sp.jpg

RBC_ground.jpg

I'm would also vote for either a Gateway Newstand or Tim Hortons

The stacking plan shows other than RBC, Fairmont Raffles Hotels (new merger?) are going to have their offices in this tower as well ... [/IMG]

I believe that merger took place in 2006. Fairmont-Raffles currently leases space in the Canadian-Pacific Tower at TD Centre, so just as RBC is leaving one CF property for another, perhaps Fairmont is doing the same.

that's great news re: fairmont. they're currently based out of the td centre. i had heard rumours that they were thinking of packing up to go to Brampton or thereabouts when their current lease is up, but i guess they're staying in the core.

Given that the retail would face the Ritz-Carlton lobby/driveway - I would expect a high end clothing or jewelery store to open up in that retail location.

I saw the tower from Front West today... I think the Dexia logo is a tad too big. Sexy, but a bit too out of proportion.

As an aside, I think it may have been mentioned on UT before, but is Toronto the most logo-ed skyscraper city on the continent? It seems like every office tower over 40 storeys, besides TD Place, has a corner logo staking out its turf. Does anyone know why this is a Toronto phenomenon?

Right now there is:

1. First Canadian Place (once had the highest signage on any building)
2. Scotia Plaza
3. Canada Trust
4. Commerce Court West
5. RBC Centre
6. Bank of America

Back