News   May 06, 2024
 447     1 
News   May 06, 2024
 1K     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 662     1 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
My prediction from 2007 has come true...

1373884837_110c303094.jpg

Today:

n122609750_37251361_524.jpg

I walked into TLS last night and there was a pool of water in the lobby. The revolving doors were also both out of service because it was impossible to push them in the slippery conditions. Fun stuff!

TLS isn't alone here though... The North entrance to the Eaton Centre had the same problem with its revolving doors. Everyone was struggling to push them because the floor was so slippery.

And flooding, I spent most of Saturday pushing water out of Canadian Tire because it was just pouring in from the entrance.

I work in TLS, and I can't understand for the life of me why they wouldn't have put in those "grates" that collect water near the doors. I know the building is cheap, but if the cleaning people have to be there mopping all day everytime it snows, that has to get expensive at some point, not to mention the liability issues.

I work in TLS, and I can't understand for the life of me why they wouldn't have put in those "grates" that collect water near the doors. I know the building is cheap, but if the cleaning people have to be there mopping all day everytime it snows, that has to get expensive at some point, not to mention the liability issues.

The grates dont really work in situations like this. We have them at Canadian Tire and still have to mop/squeegee all day when it snows. The grates become even more of a liability because they are 10 times more slippery than a wet floor in winter conditions. There was a point where I was holding peoples hands in order to get them into the store.

What they need to do is slope the floor toward the door and put a small drain right by the door.

The Dundas subway entrance on the northwest corner of Yonge/Dundas is very dangerous.

I nearly slid right into the stairwell Saturday morning.

proper boots do nothing in these conditions. Everyone was slipping no matter what they were wearing.

I was out that day and didn't have nearly as much of the suggested trouble, let alone enough to suggest zany tilted floor contraptions. I can only imagine that'd increase slipping and decrease balance more so.

I was out that day and didn't have nearly as much of the suggested trouble, let alone enough to suggest zany tilted floor contraptions. I can only imagine that'd increase slipping and decrease balance more so.

Zany tilted floor contraptions? We are talking about common sense here. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to determine that if the floor slopes toward the inside of the building, you are only going to be left with a pool of water inside. You may not have had any trouble, but it was obviously enough of a problem for everyone else that they were forced to close the revolving doors. Go stand by the grate above Dundas station at Dundas square for just a minute and you will see how bad of an idea that would be.

this building made me pretty upset. please feel free to agree, rebut, or completely shoot down what i have to say.

1) the advertisements would be less stomach-churning if this had not already been done so famously in new york, and to a lesser extent, in tokyo and london. it really does not represent what most of us would consider 'our' toronto.

2) the building itself is hideous! ah! nasty colour, FAKE industrial vibe. i feel particularly bad for ryerson. to have such a monstrous behemoth and a parking lot towering over its campus is a shame. after all, the master plan's dream was to shut off gould for pedestrians only but the loading dock for this ugly thing happens to be on that very street.

3) inside is gross too. everything is exposed, nothing seems crafted. you have to be herded around like sheep to access the stores and the theater.

NOW, good things.
- tourists come to it. that's ok.
- new connection to the subway
- business/ theater

still, a massive disappointment for me. there, i got it all out. being new to the forum, surrounded by toronto lovers, i had to vent.

this building made me pretty upset. please feel free to agree, rebut, or completely shoot down what i have to say.

1) the advertisements would be less stomach-churning if this had not already been done so famously in new york, and to a lesser extent, in tokyo and london. it really does not represent what most of us would consider 'our' toronto.

2) the building itself is hideous! ah! nasty colour, FAKE industrial vibe. i feel particularly bad for ryerson. to have such a monstrous behemoth and a parking lot towering over its campus is a shame. after all, the master plan's dream was to shut off gould for pedestrians only but the loading dock for this ugly thing happens to be on that very street.

3) inside is gross too. everything is exposed, nothing seems crafted. you have to be herded around like sheep to access the stores and the theater.

NOW, good things.
- tourists come to it. that's ok.
- new connection to the subway
- business/ theater

still, a massive disappointment for me. there, i got it all out. being new to the forum, surrounded by toronto lovers, i had to vent.

I dissagree about the ads but pretty much agree with everything else. I think the ads make an awesome backdrop for Dundas Square. Yonge and Dundas is the retail centre of the city, so some ads in this area are perfect and well suited.

As for the building ruining the plan to close Gould... Even if it werent built, Gould would still need to be open at that point because Ryerson's shipping & receiving for Jorgenson Hall is also at that point.

Barrytron, the 5396 posts in this thread preceding yours were not devoid of critical attention for the building... so you might want to give those a read before dredging it up all over again. Not that some people won't want to respond to you, but what you're asking about has been covered unbelievably extensively here already, and many won't want to reiterate it all.

1) I agree ours is lame but I only somewhat agree NYC beating out Tokyo. I haven't been to London, but Tokyo had done a good job with their big LED TV signage and can stand up pretty well to NYC.

2) Agree it's ugly

3) I don't like the inside either. Especially navigating it.

About it having a subway connection. I wouldn't know. I hardly go there from the subway. I think tourists go to Dundas Square. I don't now about TLS.

Back