News   May 08, 2024
 233     0 
News   May 08, 2024
 420     0 
News   May 08, 2024
 637     0 

Minto Spring (Mto Gdns Ph II) (Yonge/Sheppard, 33s, P+S/IBI Group) COMPLETE

Don't wait for the wide angle. There's plenty going on that we'd love to see. And that includes the Sheppard subway corridor. Is Arc at Bayview and Sheppard above ground yet?

Minto Spring and Hullmark @ Yonge & Sheppard

Below is an attempt to envision what the proposed Hullmark and Spring Gardens developments will look like together once completed.

proposedtridelandmintogwc8.jpg

^ That's pretty neat. It does make me wish the two sites could have cooperated on their driveways. And I still don't know why Wolfgang Puck chose to locate in such a C-list street frontage site...they must have been convinced of its 'greatness' over the phone.

Construction Started

Construction (excavation) started on site in August 2008, it appears Minto maybe slightly ahead of schedule ... and in order to allow for the digging Minto teared down the sales office / model suite already which was on site before ... estimated occupancy is Fall 2010

Minto Springs website (w/ floorplans): http://www.mintogardens.com/exclusive/index.asp

amen2_big.jpg
amen1_big.jpg

I saw these last pics in the condo guide. I thought the large outdoor pool/lake was a neat idea, but they should have done it with a built-in ecosystem. Fish, reeds, water lilies, frogs etc. And natural stone for the bottom. It would have gone nicely with the whole LEED Silver thing. I know it is doable because I've been to a condo building where they did exactly the same thing.

Photos of the scale model

Photos haven't been posted before so I am adding these for those folks who may be interested. These photos were taken in late May.

springmintogardensnewa4.jpg

springmintogardensswrv1.jpg

springmintogardensnwln5.jpg

Does anyone know what sort of prices (per square foot) they were asking when this first launched?

I'm looking for a 700-800 sf. unit in the Yonge/Sheppard or Finch area, but it kills me to have to pay 400+ psf. when I know just a couple of years ago it was almost half that.

Is it just me, or do you guys feel like TO is trying to inflate its prices at an alarming rate?

I bought a condo downtown 2 years ago at roughly 320 psf. and now they asking 500+ psf. in the building. I don't mind the profit, but I sure as hell don't seem how it can be justified (and almost feel sorry for the people buying now).

Any feedback would be appreciated :)

thanks for the scaled model pics DrDemento ... :)

I kinda like Radianace (phase 1) a bit more ... maybe its the brick I like, which there isn't a lot of in Spring (phase 2) .... hopefully Minto will be using the same smokey-brown class in the new building so that it matches the other tower ... that glass colour is good lookin' :cool:

I saw the crane poking its head out of the ground. It's been static every time I've seen it, so I don't think there's a lot of activity going on yet. In a week or two, I'll try to get some pix0rz.

January 5 2009 update

Excavation completed ... looking northwest ~

poor phase 1 (Radiance@MintoGardens which I like) on the right will be shadowed by phase 2 + Hullmark Centre in the future

IMG_3065.jpg

Back